“Leaving do”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Leaving do”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We've been using this as a venue for work 'do's for years - been elsewhere and always come back to CP. It's got a decent menu at reasonable prices with generally good food and value for money. Great for a big table and good service, but we've been for meals as a couple at other times and it's best to try and avoid the work's 'dos' going on! A really decent restaurant in an area of town with a number of good ones to choose from.

Visited March 2013

“Daughters birthday celebration”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I believe this restaurant is now called Yankee Burger Bar again? Booked a table for 6 people on Easter Monday. It was early evening so retaurant was fairly quiet. Staff were very helpful & friendly. Our drinks & starters arrived fairly promptly. They checked with us regularly for drinks & ensured we had time between courses. The burgers are amazing again!! we had taken a birthday cake fo my daughter & they obliged by bringing it out with coffees. i had forgotten candles & they helped me out by providing them. We have eaten here on numerous occasions over the years & im happy to recommend, about 18 months ago I had one bad meal and that is the only time ever. the restaurant is definatley as good as ever.

• Visited April 2013
blackwell derbyshire
“Would go again”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We went there for a quick lunch.
The food was ok we ordered two burgers and garlic mushroom fries. The staff were attentive and couldn't do enough for us.
Will definitely visit again next time I'm in sunny doncaster.

• Visited April 2013
“5 Star Service”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My new favorite restaurant in Doncaster! Top food, top service. The waiter was more than helpful and appeared to be willing to go out of his way to keep customers happy. Would recommend it to anyone.

• Visited March 2013
yorkshire
“Poor service and attention to detail”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I had lunch here with my son, we ordered a wings and ribs combo and chose different sauces. I was disappointed to find that they had put the same sauces on both our meals. I returned mine, for the chef to wipe of the BBQ sauce and apply the chilly sauce I had requested. We had also ordered a double portion of special fries, which came with 3 pieces of garlic bread, i can oly assume that they cut one slice in half when you order a single portion. We then realised that they had not served the coleslaw that came with the meal. The waiter begrudgingly fetched one over to us.
When asked if we had enjoyed our meals, I pointed out that the only thing they had got right was our drinks order. They did take off the special fries off our bill after my comments.
I could not understand why they could make so many mistakes with such a simple order, the restaurant had only a few tables in use and they were not busy at all. Maybe the lack of diners there was down to the level of service I suffered.
Would I go back again, not likely, would I recommend it, again not likely.

• Visited March 2013