“atmosphere !!!!”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“atmosphere !!!!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

food was nice good menu selection and reasonably priced its clean but no atmosphere..good area for parties town center near bars and clubs taxi rank close in a walk in precinct

Visited January 2013

Barnsley, England, United Kingdom
“A great restaurant..ruined”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I first visited central parl 10 years ago and was amazed, but for the first time in years made the mistake of going today for a nice meal with my girlfriend

We arrived at ~7:55pm the place was pretty empty with a large group in the back right to be told there was a 40 minute wait for a table, not an issue but given the number of empty tables i was a little confused.

We sat in the bar and a a drink, a pint and a haphazardly made cocktail, so much ice was added that the cocktail overflowed the glass. After only 15-20 minutes we were shown to a table near the large group but far enough away to still; be quiet, just ourselves and another couple in the corner.

At the table our order was taken and options explained, this and speed of food delivery were the only positive experiences of the visit. We ordered a sharing chilli nachos which arrived, nachos slightly burnt but ok. As the starter was removed the waitress took a drinks order never to to return with it.

My girlfriend ordered the chicken fajitas and i ordered, ribs and chicken in a hot chilli sauce.
The fajitas arrived on a hot skillet as expected but only 4 small wraps, not enough for the filling provided and strangely no quacamole. My main arrived at the same time, the hot chilli sauce had not materialised, in its place was a standard bbq sauce. When I complained the meal was taken away and brought back 5 minutes later, colder with the hot chilli sauce on top of, or washed off and replaced, my ribs.

Between us sitting down and our starters arrived the table immediately beside us was populated with 6 very drunk very loud customers, shouting and swearing at each other. For some reason 6 grown adults were allowed to carry a high chair accross the restaurant hitting out table in the process for no apparent reason. It was dumped right next to our table.

When i raised with the manager after abandoning our meals we were offered a table in the quiet side a paltry 10-15% off our bill or a free drink at the bar and a member of staff asked the table beside to calm down.

Too little too late...I understand this was a Friday night and other customers had been drinking but the lack of service, incorrect food and complete lack of control of rowdy groups completely ruined. In the end i paid for the starter, drinks, side fries and the cheaper main course however I just wanted to leave at this point.

If you are looking for a place to get hammered with your workmates and eat adequate at best american style food, this is your place. I on the other hand will never set foot in the place again and will instead book a table at Relish or wait as long as i need to for a table their, there is no comparison!

• Visited March 2013
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“So disappointed afetr 26 years of going to Yankee Burger Bar”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

26 years ago I first went to the Yankee Burger Bar (Central Park) and until now, I've never had a bad experience. But this was bad. I took my family out for a treat and granted I think it's the first time we've been to the place in 12 months, but crikey it was shocking. Service was appalling, was like we weren’t even there. When eventually asked if the meal was ok I said 'well, not...' but the lad serving had already turned around at this stage so what was the point in asking. I mistakenly asked for Nachos as a starter assuming we'd get chilli, they came with nothing but cheese. What a fool, I was supposed to specify chilli, did the lad serving ask if I wanted chilli or, chicken, no, no interest whatsoever. We had 2 x burgers, chicken and chilli beef. The food was ok, not nearly as good as the old days, but passed. The lad serving tried to charge me a couple of quid extra but by this stage I had a keen eye and spotted the 'mistake'. In 26 years of going out for food I have probably 'not tipped' twice, once in Bangkok and now once in Doncaster. I was so shocked I asked who the owner was; it's fair to say he wasn't there and the lads on duty must have been untrained and inexperienced. Like all establishments this place relies on it's customers so come on Yankee Burger Bar sort it out and while you're at it get rid of the inappropriate attempt at humour, namely the house rules penned on the walls suggesting the customer is never right, anyone with an attitude will be slapped like an evil stepmother and treated badly if they're on their mobile phone.......why is there free wireless then? I'm no stiff, but the language was inappropriate for families and gave a very unprofessional image. Oh well, £55 quid lighter!!!!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank JNB187067
South Shields, England, United Kingdom
“USA TREAT”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Was there on Saturday night and I was plesantly surprised. The combo starter for two (battered prawns ,ribs ,chicken wing and battered cheese jalepenos, nice! For the main we both had burgers and they were excellent . I had slightly to much for a starter because the burger are big ,with chips salad and coldslaw. The service was fast and vibrant ,which suited the the look and the atmosphere of the place. I will definately go back.

• Visited January 2013
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Great food and cocktails!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Love this place, great food, service and drinks. I don't understand what everyone's getting so worked up about. The place is as great as it's always been and the food is made from fresh to order. I would definitely recommend it to families, couples and groups of friends alike.

• Visited September 2012