“Excellent Location for Races.”

Grand St Leger Hotel
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
Durham, United Kingdom
“Excellent Location for Races.”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed here for ! night. Excellent location as the hotel is located directly opposite the Racecourse. Staff were very friendly. We arrived early, around 9.30am due to the races starting early and our rooms were ready for us around 10.00am. Berakfast had plenty choice with juice, coffee/tea, fresh fruit etc together with a menu for cooked food. Very good value for money. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Hotel bar can be a bit noisy during race days.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013

One night business stay. Room fine. Bar is fair primitive and lacks atmosphere. Breakfast disappointing. Fresh fruit offer was over ripe and uninviting. Croissants were rock hard. Cooked grill ok but mushrooms uncooked, beans luke warm. Overall a basic hotel with poor breakfast. Probably ok if you're going to the races but otherwise would give it a miss .

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank BiscuitCafe
Mark L, General Manager at Grand St Leger Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, the feedback we recieve from valued guests like yourself allows us to identify problem areas and address issues where necessary.

I was naturally dissapointed to read about your breakfast experience. We have employed a new head chef since your stay & I have addressed the issues raised in your comments with him.

If you require hotel accommodation in Doncaster in the future, please feel free to contact me directly and I will do my utmost to ensure your stay is memorable for all the right reasons on your next visit.

mark@grandstleger.com
Conisbrough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I know this review is more than 8 months late,but we had our wedding here last year and I have to say our day was perfect. I stayed night before in a lovely room with my 2 bridesmaids and we were well looked after.the day was perfect, I loved the traditional feel of the hotel and it seemed more cosy being the weekend before Xmas.if you're having a smaller more intimate wedding then this venue is absolutely perfect. The staff were wonderful and really helpful.Thanks for a great day

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mark L, General Manager at Grand St Leger Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for reviewing the hotel following your wedding here at the end of last year. I was of course delighted to read your comments as we make great efforts to ensure your wedding day is remembered for all the right reasons. I will pass on your kind comments to Paula and the team who I am sure to be delighted.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here on a Monday night for our wedding anniversary the first impression of the outside was poor needs a sweep weeding and painted signage but when we got inside it was lovely from start to finish our room was adequate size a standard double lovely and clean with a nice bathroom we went in the bar for a few beers prices £7 for two pints paid more paid less nice pint tho breakfast was relaxing no fussing just well served and plenty of choice for £19.95 yes £19.95 this was a gem of a find and will definitely be back just sort the front to match the inside of your wonderful hotel and I bet people driving by will notice the difference

• Stayed July 2013
Mark L, Manager at Grand St Leger Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Paula

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review. I was delighted to read your comments regarding your stay. The price you paid was actually fantastic value and caused by a computer error, however we did honour it as it wasn't your fault and I am pleased that you felt the quality of the service didn't slip as a result.

I take on board your comments regarding the outside of the building and we have now addressed this.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel at some point in the future.

Kindest Regards

Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2013

A nice little family run hotel, with the personnel touch, on a main road very close to the race course.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. The service was excellent.
I had a breakfast two mornings which was very tasty, cooked to perfection, just to my liking. Did not try dinner as I dined out locally,
The hotel may be a little bit jaded but it was generally clean and very functional.
My large spacious room was over looking the main road roundabout, but I was not troubled by the traffic noise. I must say to the hotels credit that the bed was one of the most comfortable beds that I have ever slept in.
If I could fault anything then it would have to be that the room and bathroom needed a bit of tender loving care, The shower head in the bathroom needed tightening, only one out of two sink lights worked, no toilet paper holder. In the room the wood on the old fashioned sash windows was in need of a serious dusting.
To be honest I enjoyed my stay at The Grand St Leger and would definitely return.

Room Tip: If you like traffic noise then room 101 is very spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I was of course delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would stay again, & I would like to thank you for bringing to my attention the issues relating to housekeeping and maintenance. I will address these with the relevant departments and work to resovle the issues highlighted.

Thank you once again for taking the time to review your stay and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kindest Regards

Lyme Regis, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed just one night on 10 June as my daughter was in hospital near by. Staff were friendly, thoughtful and professional. It was not busy that night so I had to wait a while in the restaurant but no matter. Room was comfortable, clean and just what I needed after a very busy day.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms right on the front as they look out on a very busy roundabout but even the one I had was...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tracey

Thank you for writing your recent review.

I was delighted to read that you felt we offered just what you needed, we pride ourselves on offering a personal service which we can tailor to meet the needs of each individual guests.

I note your comments regarding the restaurant service being a little slow and wish to express my apologies for this, and assure you that it is something I will look into.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future, hopefully next time it will be under better circumstances for yourself.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

me And my husband stayed here in may for our fifth wedding anniversary, we stayed in room 101,with a really comfy 4 poster bed,large plasma,and a fab walk in power shower.
we ate in the restaurant there,the food was fantastic (garlic mushrooms to die for). great value.
staff very polite,with excellent service.
large variety of breakfast done Aswell.
all in all this is a lovely hotel to stay in and I would stay here again any time,and recommend this hotel to any one.
no complaints what so ever really really happy with this place.
so if anyone fancies a break away or just a night away STAY HERE. FANTASTIC.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Bart and Kyle

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read your comments and so pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. I will pass on your comments to the kitchen and the rest of the team.

I hope to welcome you both back to the hotel in the future.