Grand St Leger Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Regent Hotel(Doncaster)
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
All reviewsjacuzzi bathdeluxe roomst legerour wedding anniversarycooked to perfectiondoncaster race coursefull englishcouldn't do enoughroad noisefour poster bedbusiness tripfollowing morninga lovely stayan upgradetea and coffeedoncaster town centregood nights sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Stayed here for one night last week. Very good value for money, very clean room, comfortable bed and excellent modern bathroom. The food was excellent, in the evening I chose one of the specials, and it was delicious. the breakfast, served by the same waitress who was quietly friendly and very efficient, was lovely and I couldnt fault it. In fact i couldnt finish it, it was so huge! The only downside to this hotel was it was too hot! The room was about 120 degrees and consequently had a poor nights sleep, the resturant and public areas were also far too hot, the receptionist was complaining also.would stay here again, very convenient for the races.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank fabflowers
mdl501, Manager at Grand St Leger Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Thank you for your recent review. I am of course delighted with the positive comments you make regarding value for money, cleanliness and the food & the fact that you would stay with us again.

I would however like to apologise for the fact that you found the hotel to be too hot for you. Whilst, it is impossible to meet everyone's needs in the respect, it is clear on the occasion that we failed to regulate the heat adequately during the time of your stay, and this is something I will address. I am not sure if you were made aware, but fans are available on request from reception; please accept my apologies if you were not aware of this.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stayed here to attend a modern jive evening close by. I had a lovely good sized single room with a very nice bathroom too. The room was warm and had all the facilities I needed. After a restful night's sleep I had a hearty breakfast which came so well presented. The staff were all lovely and I definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Diana A

Dear Diana

Many thanks for taking the time to post your recent review.

I am of course delighted, as are all of the staff that you had such a wonderful time with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

My new husband and I have just had our wedding party at the Grand St Leger on Sat 28th Jan 2012 and it was fantastic.

All of the staff were great, especially Paula who was a great help planning our wedding party and also helped us on the night, making sure we didn't have to worry about anything. Everything ran smoothly and we've had some excellent comments and feedback from our guests.

One of the best parts of having the party here was there was 3 rooms, one with the disco & a bar, one with the buffet and then another bar area. That meant there was plenty of room for everyone and some of the older relatives had a chance to be in a quieter room rather than just the room with the disco.

All in all a fab night, highly recommended hotel and wedding venue with great central location too!

Thanks to everyone (especially Paula) for making our wedding party a fantastic night.

Al & Mike

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AlisonB65

Dear Al & Mike,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your comments and congraulate you again on behalf of us all at the Grand St Leger Hotel.

I am of course deilighted that you had such a fantastic time at the hotel and I have passed your comments on to all the staff involved on the day, including Paula who was particularly pleased to hear your comments.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel at some point in the futture.

Reviewed December 16, 2011

Stayed for just one night in a Duluxe room. Bed to die for & all in all a very nice clean room with a 42" plasma, great bathroom but not quite worth £64.
Breakfast was good & all the staff were very pleaseant.
One bad point, the floor boards above our room was very noisey when people were walking around. The person above us was walking about at 05.30hrs so that woke us up, bad stain on one off the chairs which should of been cleaned but would stay there again

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We stayed at the Grand St Legder this weekend while visiting Doncaster races where our horse was running. What can I say the hotel was really really great. Just across the road from the racecourse. The rooms are nicely decorated and spotlessly clean not the biggest but it was only for sleeping in anyway.
We had a great evening meal and then as it was bonfire night the staff treated us to a firework display!! All of the staff were fantastic (special mention for Pete who was on the bar later on) we were looked after from the moment we arrived, treated as old friends rather than guests.
I would highly recommend this hotel, for location and the really great and friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Bonnyg1
mdl501, Manager at Grand St Leger Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. I was of course delighted to hear you had such a wonderful stay and enjoyed the firework display that we put on.

I have passed on your comments to Pete who served you behind the bar and to Lynn who invited you to watch the fireworks with us.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel at some point in future.