“Ring & check your room is booked before leaving home”
Review of Angel Inn

Angel Inn
Ranked #5 of 24 Doncaster B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I booked a room directly with Simone at the Angel by email. I was asked for my card details to comfirm the booking and soon after I received a confirmation email which said 'Thanks for the confirmation. Consider the room booked! I look forward to seeing you in November'. However when I arrived at the Angel on the day in question, my booking wasn't written in the diary. They were fully booked and I had to go elsewhere. I was horrified! The poor lad behind the bar was mortified and told me it sometimes happens . He told me Simone was on holiday but he would tell her on her return. I sent Simone an email straight away to tell her what had happened. But 3 weeks later I've had no response.

One of my colleagues was staying there and he told me that two separate customers arrived the following day and their bookings weren't in the diary either. They were livid. My advice is to make the booking over the phone and confirm it again on the day.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Booked The Angel for our Club Xmas Dinner - always a risky affair because so many things can go wrong but The Angel excelled in many ways. We had the conservatory for our group of 14 - nicely presented and warm. The food came promptly and the staff were very obliging when we asked for extra veggies. The food was very good and freshly prepared - rare these days when many pubs see Christmas as an opportunity to charge high but serve cheap. All our group were very pleased with The Angel and would come again. Thank you for looking after us so we'll.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This is a typical local pub with so much more. The beer and wines on offer are excellent and you are always made welcome not only by the staff but by the locals from the village. Its not far from Bawtry and the extra few miles journey are more than worth it. If you get too involved in the stay then there are B&B facilities on offer and a great cooked breakfast to help your hangover.

Room Tip: Speak to Simone!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Following an early morning drive from east London and working at the Trolleybus Museum, Sandtoft for the day, I stayed the night at the Angel Inn, in nearby Misson. Very well received.
Room warm, clean and very comfortable.
Reserved table in dining area if I wished to have dinner. Glad I did. Food delicious and very well presented. Breakfast equally so.
Relaxed and friendly atmosphere even when busy and staff attentive without being overbearing.
Although set in the middle of the village near the church, it was wonderfully quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Anytime that we have been to The Angel, we have only ever been delighted with the food, the staff and the whole experience. Food is fresh and presented wonderfully, it's a great little place. I would not hesitate to recommend people to try The Angel!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hannah D
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Well our stay lived up to our expectations yet again. Room was nice, clean and all the little extras supplied. The staff are so friendly, and nothing is too much trouble to them. This really makes a difference. Food was amazing yet again. Thank you Simone and all your staff.

Room Tip: We had a family room. It is very quiet and you g,et a good nights sleep, beds very comfy.our room wa...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Just had Sunday dinner at the angel with our 2 daughters, Son in laws and 2 grandchildren. Food excellent and wonderful atmosphere. Our 40th wedding anniversary. Had a lovely time thank you. Will come back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family