Angel Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsthe pubwet roomcar parkroom was comfortable and cleancooked freshan evening mealbreakfast was excellentexcellent value for moneyfull english breakfastfish and chipsbusiness tripmissonregularschaletheating
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This place is a little gem in the middle of nowhere but well worth the journey out there. We only went for a meal so didn't experience the rooms but the food was out of this world. Also very reasonably priced as well.

I don't think there is any point in writing anymore as they would just all be superlatives of outstanding.

• Stayed: January 2013
Simone F, Owner at Angel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you. A few words can say so much.
Best wishes

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Our satnav had us going back and forth through the village so we backtracked to another place for directions. It was worth it. The pub was homely and we were made welcome not only by the staff but some of the locals as well. The real ale (Adnams) was superb and the food even better! My wife was disappointed that she couldn't finish her meal but I was happy to help out. The room was good and we had a great night's sleep. Breakfast was excellent and we were provided for and entertained by Donna who is a valuable asset to the place. Will definitely go again when next in the area.

Room Tip: Can't advise really
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

It's true, we are tucked away in the middle of the village - some reviewers have described us as a 'hidden gem'. I'm delighted that you were pleased with your experience once you found us. I have passed your comments onto Donna and she was really pleased to be mentioned and asked me to thank you. I hope you do get the chance to come back down this way, it would be great to see you again.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We used the Angel Inn to meet up with family for a delayed christmas (due to illness), as it is roughly a half way point between us. We had a lovely long Sunday lunch, and the staff even produced christmas crackers for us when we explained why we were there! The food was excellent and extremely good value and the service friendly and efficient. Can thoroughly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for celebrating your belated Christmas with us, and indeed for reviewing us. We do try to keep our service friendly and personal, it's nice to know the little touches, like the crackers, are noticed and appreciated. I do hope you will get the chance to visit again with your family and let us look after you again.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

This has been my third visit to The Angel and each visit has been excellent! It is a traditional pub and very cosy in the cold weather! The food is excellent and very good value for money! Friendly service too! Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have stopped here a few times over the last 6 months. Each visit has been of a consistently high quality. The staff are exceptionally helpful and welcoming. The pub regulars are friendly, the beer is good and the food excellent. The rooms are comfortable with the softest pillows and quilt. All in all great value even if Misson is a bit out of the way.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for taking the time to review us Steve. It was always nice to see you returning, I'm so pleased you did. I know we won't see you for a while, but I hope we get the pleasure of your company again in the future.