“Woeful food!”

Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
Reviewed March 1, 2009

I stayed in the Holiday Inn for work in Feb 2009. My room was fine (if a little on the small side), but generally well kept. The hotel is largely unremarkable...until you order food! We had around 25 in our party, and every single person agreed that the food was terrible (to the point of some becoming unwell). Steaks were rubbery and overcooked, soups were bland. We got the impression that later meals were prepared with the leftovers from earlier services. Truly awful.
Overall, the hotel is fine for somewhere to sleep, but if you find yourself here, I would certainly Google a couple of local restaurants to eat in.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank FJPS1981
Generalmanager45, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2009

Dear DoubleOhThirteen,

Thank you for your review. I was very sorry to read that you did not enjoy the meals you had with us during your recent stay. I will naturally take some time to discuss your comments with the Head Chef & Restaurant Manager. Please accept my apologies and indeed those of the rest of my team.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36

Reviewed January 3, 2009

My friends, my husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Doncaster for the New Year's Eve dinner and an overnight stay. I would have to give the dinner dance 5/5. The decor for the evening was fabulous and the food excellent. The staff were really helpful and efficient, managing to serve the meals quickly. Only one thing could have improved the evening and that would have been a piper at midnight to pipe in the haggis (we all agreed that this would have been preferred to a cabaret singer). Our overnight stay and whole experience was lovely with only one minor complaint stopping me give a total 5/5: Although the rooms have been refurbished since we last stayed there, the bathroom was a bit grubby and in need of help - the shower being really poor. All in all though, I would definitely recommend this hotel for a New Year stay and I'm sure we will be booking for next year.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank millsyjb
Generalmanager45, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2009

Dear Millsyjb,

I am really pleased to read of your enjoyment at our New Years Eve celebrations. I also thought the room looked fantastic and I will pass on your comments to the hotel team.

I welcome your suggestion for next (or this) year's event which is already in the planning. I will also review our bathrooms to ensure that we look to continually improve.

Reviewed October 27, 2008

Satyed at this holiday Inn for one night on the return from bridlington. We booked the hotel using our points (as a priority club member), we were given vouchers on arrival for use in bars/resurant which we duly used and were impressed with the meal in the resurant, and friendly service( Hubby dosen't like me to use vouchers but I say why give them to you if they don't want you to use them?) this little extra in vouchers can make you decide to use resturant especially if your on a budget.

Rooms spacious very clean and excellent breakfast as always at holiday inns and again service with a smile.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank noway66
Generalmanager45, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2008

Dear Noway66,

Thank you for the feedback and I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. It's good to read that you are making the most of your priority club membership as well as the vouchers we give out at reception.

Reviewed June 13, 2008

stayed here with family on easter sunday.weather was poor and the car park is a fair hike from the reception.this is a qmh hotel franchised to holiday inn therefore the menu is a bit different and the leisure club has a significantly smaller pool.the evening menu was of limited appeal to the children but still ok.the jacuzzi was out of service in the morning.the rooms are a little small by hi standards and i felt the decor was a bit tired my wife felt i was being a little harsh however.the bar seems to attract a lot of locals and the drinks were reasonably price dovwerall an ok stay

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Generalmanager45, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2008

Thank you for your feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I note your comments about the hotel having some dated areas. We do have a schedule of continual refurbishment so I trust the area you refer to will have been modernised by your next visit.

Kind Regards,

Robert Ford.

Reviewed June 3, 2008

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for one night for work - I've stayed in a lot of hotels for work over the last few years and this one really was a cut above the rest.

The staff were friendly - which made my check in actually quite pleasant. The room was spacious and well equipt and not too noisey despite being near to the stairs.

I would definately stay there again if I'm in the area as it was a good hotel. As other reviews have said, it's excellent for access to the A1 and the transport links so it's well worth considering.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Thank you for your review.

It is very heartening to receive such positive comments and I am sure the hotel team will share my appreciation.

Robert Ford.

Reviewed May 14, 2008

This review is both for the general accomodation & also our wedding which was held there on 19th April. The hotel itself is very modern with excellent public area's / bars. a nice gym & swimming pool & good grounds. As our room was part of our wedding package we had an executive room which we could not fault, it was very spacious, lovely & clean with a good bathroom,. Alot of family & friends also stayed over at the venue on both the Friday & Saturday nights of our wedding weeked, most of them booked the standard rooms, they all seemed more than happy with the accomodation, their rooms were nice & clean and plenty big enough for the purpose of their visit (I saw 3 or 4 of the standart guest rooms), Breakfast was good with plenty of choice. As a wedding venue I cannot speak highly enough of the Holiday Inn - We had a civil ceremony in Warmsworth Hall in the hotel grounds & right from making the original booking to cheking out on the Sunday we were very well looked after, as a nervous bride I felt I was in very good hands. The wedding breakfast was delicious, in my usual expereince of wedding meals you are left a little peckish as the portions do not tend to be generous - our plates were piled up like one of my mums sunday dinners - the evening buffet was also excellent. The Staff who looked after us on our special day were great. I would not hesitate to reccomend this hotel for its general accomodation or for a special function. A big thank you to all the staff at the hotel for helping make our day so fantastic !!!!

• Stayed: April 2008
    • Check in / front desk
Generalmanager45, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2008

Wow!! What a lovely review. I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful time and I will enjoy sharing your comments with the team.

Reviewed December 11, 2007

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Generalmanager45, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2008