“Deserves the good reviews!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal Saffron Indian Cuisine - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Royal Saffron Indian Cuisine
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Balti, Eastern European
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Deserves the good reviews!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We visited here on Friday night whilst travelling up to York. Saw the good reviews and thought it was worth a try. Very smart and contemporary layout, friendly staff and wonderful food. Beautifully presented and you could tell it was freshly prepared. Very pleased with experience, definitely worth the good reviews.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Wonderfull experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

As soon as my party of four walked in the manager approached us and give us a warm welcoming and took us to our table. We enjoyed everything from the popodoms to the deserts including tea and coffee which was given on the house. All the waiters were very friendly and engaged conversations with us which made me feel better after a long tired hard working week. The manager came to us a couple of times to check if everything was ok which made us feel like we was being watched over all the time, keeping in mind it was a very busy night. The food was absolutely wonderfull. I will like to give the chefs my compliments and also to the waiter who recommended the dish to me. It was one of the best curries I have tasted which appealed to my taste buds. Thank you for a amazing night. Will visit soon again.

• Visited February 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never again!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

Called on a Sunday night for the buffet. Absolute rubbish and drinks were very expensive. Beware stay well clear

1 Thank Markup1
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Very nice meal, shame the service was so slow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Went for a family meal midweek, ages ranging from 30's to 80's.

Had a takeaway from here a few weeks earlier which was very good, and once again, we weren't disappointed with the food.

However, the service was VERY slow even though the restaurant, although reasonably busy for midweek, wasn't full.

Having said that, I'd happily go again

• Visited January 2014
“An up and coming restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

I have visited 3 times now. I must say the food and selection of food is excellent. We have ordered from the main menu and tried the buffet. The buffet is extraordinary as you dont go to the dishes, the dishes come to you!! It filled our table and a nearby windowsill. The main menu contains so many dishes I've never heard of so my husband and myself are working our way through them.
We have been looked after by Abdur on 2 occasions and the management also come round to talk which is good, however, a few of the other staff seem like trainees, I know it's a new restaurant but come on lads, try a bit harder.