“A pleasant surprise”

The Blue Bell
Ranked #134 of 539 Restaurants in Doncaster
Cuisines: British, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a friendly village public House which offers a full and varied variety of food.We have a car park and a Beer Garden We pride ourselves on offering good home cooked food which is prepared fresh every day. Sunday lunch is offered from £4.95 Beef chicken and other menu options We cater for small parties and funerals etc. We have a chefs special board updated on a regular basis. Breakfast is offered Friday and saturday 8am until 11am £4.95 We are close to the local Robin Hood airport and Hatfield Marina.We take card payments and all our food is homemade and fresh to order. It is advisable to book to avoid disappointment.
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband and I and two friends went to the Blue Bell on Saturday night to celebrate my birthday.It was the first time we had been to this pub so we really didn't know what to expect. We need not have worried we were made to feel very welcome.The lady who owns the establishment and the waiters looked after us. They were very polite and efficient..We all ordered the fishcakes for starters but were told that there were none left Dee the owner came to see us and said that if we all wanted the same starter then she would prepare a mixed starter for us.It went down well with all four of us. For mains I had the fish pie , my husband had the fish and chips one friend had the hunters chicken and the other the T bone steak. we were all highly satisfied with the quality,cooking and presentation and the taste of these dishes.During the meal the staff were very attentive and pleasant.We all then managed to eat a dessert .There was a good choice and they were really delicious.We had a pleasant surprise when we paid the bill four starters, four mains and four desserts for £14.00 per head.
We stayed there after our meal to watch the karaoke it was very good with some really good entertaining singers including Dee the owner, not only can this lady cook she can sing too.The atmosphere in the pub was buzzing and we had excellent evening.
We will definitely go back for a meal and the Karaoke it was a brilliant birthday treat.I would recommend that anyone wanting a good entertaining night out and/or a great meal give this pub a try.

1  Thank kobyboby
Delia P, Owner at The Blue Bell, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Hi Guys
Thank you for the review I wish I had known it was your birthday you would have a treat we all would have sang happy birthday as we do. I am glad you enjoyed your meal and the fact that you stayed for the karaoke was a bonus but you really must get your hearing tested I can't sing and would you believe my old name was Delia Smith no I am not kidding!!!!!!!!! So ther you go you can honestly say that Delia Smith cooked you a birthday treat. Look forward to seeing you all again soon. HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We have lived in Hatfield woodhouse for 16 years and had never been in the Blue Bell in the neighbouring village, Hatfield. Seeing the £6.99 bottle of wine poster outside in the summer, I thought I would venture to pastures new. The owner Dee made mum and me very welcome, we tried a Sunday dinner and knew we had found a gem. A lovely, genuine welcome from a great staff made me realise we would be coming many times in the future. I have popped in occasionally and eaten or had a pint and the blue bell is a great place to visit. We are thrilled to have the first 3 tickets for New Year's Eve party. I am coming as jack sparrow, fancy dress, should be fun.
Glad we found you dee and phil, looking forward to seeing you soon - John and carol staveley

1  Thank jstaveley
Delia P, Owner at The Blue Bell, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you very much for taking time out and give a review of your visit. The team here appreciate it when a review is submitted and they are discussed at our team meetings so that we can make any adjustments needed and take on board any ideas put forward so we can continue to give a customer service which is about making sure the customer is happy.

Thank you again and looking forward to seeing again soon.

Delia and Phil

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Really was a great meal for the price , hadn't been in this pub for a long time , just called in with some friends to eat somewhere different, we all had a great meal all priced well ,and all cooked great medium rare ribeye to a well done perfect all of them staff great would definitely recommend to any one .
Maggie and john

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
2  Thank john l
Delia P, Owner at The Blue Bell, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Hi
Thank you for taking time out to reveiw our little pub and we look forward to you joining us again shortly. I can asssure you that we will do everything in our power to ensure standards are kept up and service is second to none. We are very happy that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Regards

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Friendly staff, lovely home cooked food with proper chips, went with friends as visiting the area we were all impressed staff couldn't do enough, would defiantly go again an recommend to anyone .

Hi
Thank you for taking time out to reveiw our little pub and let me assure you that we will do everything in our power to ensure standards are kept up and service is second to none. We are very happy that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again soon.

regards

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Called in on the off chance for a bite to eat. Had heard good reports from friends. had a full rack of ribs, reasonably priced at under £12 with all the trimmings, salad, veg and chips etc. absolutely stunning and excellent value. Dee and Phil are really trying hard to make a go of this little Oasis.

Would thoroughly recommend this traditional Pub. there should be more Ale/Eating houses like this.

Oh, and a bit of advise.............................they're trying their hardest here so if it's quiet or even empty when you arrive, don't turn away, give it a try, you will be pleased you did.

2  Thank RidgeD

Hi
Thank you very much for taking time out to review our establishment. We appreciate your comments and take on board any suggestions or issues raised. Our aim is maintain and where needed improve on our standards and service . We are glad you enjoyed your experience at the Blue Bell and sincerely hope to see you again soon, and rest assured you will be made to feel very much welcome.

Regards