Sambuca
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

I'm writing this whilst we are still in the restaurant. A first for me!

We've had such a good night ; helped by really great food and lovely waiters. Craig and Ivanovo in particular were determined that we were going to have a good time.....to the point that we are now sitting with a bottle of sambuca AND limoncello on our table. It feels like the night is still young ;-)

Seriously, I'm not open to bribery- the place deserves a decent review.

1  Thank mrsblondeLeeds

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Had a great time recently for my friends birthday.

There was about 10 of us upstairs and had a great time.

There was good food, good conversation and sang happy birthday to my friend in english and italian, and gave her a free bottle of wine!

Once food was eaten, several bottles of sambuca and a bottle of lemon stuff was put on the table for free and everyone was doing shots!! So as you can imagine lots of happy drunkeness!

They don't rush you, will do anything for you and make you fell really welcome.

We're actually going back in a few weeks for my husbands birthday!

1  Thank caroline313
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I had to place another review on for this restaurant as it's sooooooo goooood!!! The staff are brilliant and nothing is too much for them. The food is first class and easily the best Italian food in the area. The prices on the menu are very reasonable and the specials (which are more expensive) are definately worth the extra few pounds as the quality is 2nd to none. The atmosphere was brilliant again, however I must request that a new CD is purchased as Dean Martin can get a little annoying after a while!!! If you are in Doncaster and want somewhere to eat Sambuca is the place to go, even if Dean Martin is not your thing!!

2  Thank k599rag
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Ate at Sambuca in Doncaster for the second time recently. Consistently good food and friendliness. The menu is supplemented by an excellent specials board. I started with anti pasta with fresh salad, cured meats and mozzarella and my dining companion had crevettes (large shrimps). Both starters were tasty. My main was a calzone pizza, folded over pizza dough filled with chicken, mozzarella and spinach. I asked for it to be spiced up and it came with a delicious spicy pepper sauce. My partner had an Al Diavola (pepperoni) pizza. The light Tiramisu for desert was only slightly spoilt with the addition of “squirty” cream. We were offered a chilled Limoncello as a digestif. A nice touch. Throughout the meal the service was attentive but not intrusive. The restaurant was quite busy with most tables taken, despite being a mid week evening but we were offered the opportunity to have a break between courses as it was clear that were not in a hurry. The bill came to around £20 per head plus drinks. I’ll certainly return for more.

1  Thank TheMole91
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Went as a large party of 30, and took over the whole room upstairs.

Everyone on the whole enjoyed themselves and had no problems with anything,

however the pate for starters was found to be "soapy" and "dishwatery" in 3 out of 4 servings. I couldn't eat more than a tiny taste.

The main courses came out and mine was different to the one I ordered (they had updated the in-house menu, but not on-line which is the one we had ordered in advance from). I had to wait for at least 20 mins to get the correct dish. Another member of the party had a similar experience and we were forced to sit and watch our colleagues eat and finish their meals before ours came out.

4  Thank mrandmrsgrowler