Balmoral Hotel
$68
  • Restaurant
$46
Travelodge
All reviewslate at nighttown centrelovely hotela great place to staywould stay here againsiobhanracecoursetowels
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I'd a planned visit to the Doncaster Tattoo Convention 13/14 Oct 2012. I looked at all the local hotels and equally read all the reviews here. I decided on the Balmoral due to price, reviews and the closeness to the Convention at the racecourse. I arrived really early from Dorset, however Janet who was in charge whist Paul and Nadia the owners where visiting family was the kindest lady. "Don't worry" Janet said bring all ya stuff in and I'll hoover later if you dont mind. Simply I could not have been looked after better. The Hotel was full with like minded tattoo addicts and artists from Argentina, Spain and the Netherlands as well as business guys. Breakfast was top banana and whilst there was fruit, cheese, cereals the full breakfast was better than some top hotels I've stayed. Janet looked after us so well you just felt like part of the family in their most amazing home with so much family history and artifacts. Having had a wonderful sleep and breakfast I stood outside the main entrance and chatted with Janet, discussed the world from family history of Doncaster (in brief) to does a tattoo hurt! A great second day was had at the convention and after a late night and a bit of a lie in I was ready for another traditional breakfast. This time met by Paul the owner who was a gentleman, so patient with some of the guys whose English tongue was not so good. All the same we all got a great breakfast and went on our merry way. For the price, welcome, accommodation, friendly ownership and home comfort to me this beats them all. I will be booking my one bed sharing bathroom again for next year. My thanks go to the friends I had the privileged of meeting especially Steve who I hope his life can be as comfortable as possible. Janet, Paul and Nadia please don't change what you have, it's just great and I will see you next year! Best Regards

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank 432Paul
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My partner and I had some business to attend to in Doncaster. We found this hotel through trip advisor, checked out the reviews and booked a room. We got a average sized room at the front of the hotel, it was clean, well furnished and had a four poster bed.

The house was lovely, period features, fantastic antique furniture, breakfast was great and well cooked. Paul the owner was very attentive and shared the history of the house with us over breakfast.

They did have some tradesmen in while we there, however work needs to be done and i suppose there is never a good time for this to take place if you own a hotel.

We look forward to returning on our next visit to Super Donny!

(p.s the sausages were ok)

Room Tip: The traffic from the main road can be heard in the rooms at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank YolaDesign
Reviewed August 30, 2012

great value for money hotel....friendly host....given large en suite room ,when only asked for single.... liked communal breakfast which is more homely and encourages chat. up from devon and met lady who only lived 2 miles away!
hotel about three quarters of mile away from market area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. Perfect location for town, lovely rooms...and the best hosts you could ask for (and who make a killer breakfast!). Should I ever find myself needing to stay over in Doncaster, I'll be returning back to this place.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Booked on spur of the moment due to business in area. Paul, the owner, could not do enough for me. House full of character, great breakfast, room very comfortable with all needed ie TV coutresy tray etc. Will be sure to re book when in area next.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business