“Lovely food - even for fussy eaters like me!”
Review of Black Bull Inn

Black Bull Inn
Ranked #12 of 537 Restaurants in Doncaster
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I went to the Black Bull last weekend for a friends birthday and was very impressed. I'm a real fussy eater and they were really good at catering for me. For starter I had the cod bites which were gorgeous! For the main I had the sirloin steak and chips, the chips were homemade and really nice and the steak was cooked as requested. I have mine well done and this usually loses the flavour but not here! The best I have had!

Overall a very good experience, the pub is nice, the hosts and staff are brilliant. Would definitely go back!

1  Thank xMegan24x
There are newer reviews for Black Bull Inn

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had a great night here. The family running the place (3rd generation I think) could not have been more friendly or helpfull. We loved the old traditional style pub to have a drink or two in, whilst we waited for a table. It was a Friday night and very busy. The menu was very varied and reasonably priced for the quality of food. My partners choice was not available but they happily asked how she would like her chicken prepared and made it to order with the sauce she described. Very impressed, well done you guys, service is not dead!!
Highly recommend and we will certainly be making our way back when next in the area

1  Thank johncuk7
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Visited the Black Bull tonight with work colleagues and had a fabulous evening. Menus were emailed in advance so food was prepared and served very promptly. The steaks were amazing and the accompanying onion rings were ace !!!
Highly recommended for good, English restaurant style food in a quaint English pub setting.
Colleagues were equally impressed and already planning a return visit. Staff extremely attentive

1  Thank Linedancinglizzie
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Booked a table for 3...2 adults and 1 child(7yrs).....welcome was warm and friendly but more to the point food was BRILLIANT...did child size ptns and our son enjoyed his 3 course meal!!!! Cant wait to go back

2  Thank rabbiton1
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I cannot believe that anybody has marked this place as 'terrible'. We have been here a couple of times and enjoyed the food and atmosphere immensely. The first time we stopped here was for a meal, on our way home from a day out in the country, and we were starving. The young manager was friendly and very accommodating considering it was early Saturday evening and they would be fully booked later on. Seeing that my son had mobility issues he seated us in an accessible area and was very attentive. I had the best steak I've ever eaten, with all the trimmings and the portions were large to say the least. The price was reasonable considering how much we got to eat. Frankly the décor was not a concern to any of us, what we wanted was a good home cooked meal with service to match and that's exactly what we got. The waitress was pleasant and friendly, as was the barman. We enjoyed it so much we went back on a further visit and received the same excellent service with another enjoyable meal. We are going to book for a Sunday lunch in the near future as we have heard very good reports on them. This pub is not local to us, we have to travel around half an hour to reach it but the journey is well worth it. Please take no notice of these bad reviews, this is an excellent place to eat and drink. It is a real British pub with a good atmosphere and good, home cooked food. And for a pub to be fully booked every Sat. night tells you that the bad reviewers are wrong and not missed!

1  Thank beechbaby