1,051 results
All reviews art deco afternoon tea beautiful hotel town centre food was lovely walk in shower wedding reception race course from start to finish steak car park doncaster races full english executive room comfy bed cooked breakfast ballroom
Selected filters
Reviewed May 14, 2019 via mobile

Had a great stay at this hotel, when I visited for a football match
I booked an Executive room, then called for a quiet room, they kindly allocated me accordingly. Room 405.
This was a large room in great condition and well away from a wedding going on.
I had dinner in the hotel, and can recommend the Chicken Tikka curry.
The bar was very quiet.
Only comment is the disco from the wedding upstairs, is heard in the restaurant below. For me not an issue.
The breakfast was great, plenty of cereals, fresh fruit salad, some pastries, and of course hot items served from the buffet by a waitress
Leaving my case for a few hours was no problem.
Coffee from the coffee bar was good.
All in all highly recommended
I hope to go back one day.

Trip type: Traveled solo
JessTheEarl, Guest Relations Manager at The Earl of Doncaster, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed your breakfast the following morning.

We hope that you come back one day also!

Reviewed May 14, 2019

Only stayed one night at the hotel. Staff were very friendly and the rooms were very well appointed with comfortable beds. Loved the art deco theme. Only a short walk into town and very near to the Keepmoat stadium if you are visiting for the football as we were.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Good morning Clare,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the hotel.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and loved the theme of the hotel.

We hope you book again soon!

Reviewed May 14, 2019

A nice hotel , slightly out of town but a comfortable walk to the racecourse, football ground etc. Friendly staff, nice decor and reasonable breakfast (no real breakfast alternatives in the immediate area)
The only negative (for which I marked down the room) was the terrible TV reception, which needs to be sorted urgently.

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Good morning Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I am pleased you thought our staff were friendly and that the decor within the hotel is nice.

Thank you for bringing the TV reception to our attention. We will ensure to have our maintenance team look at this immediately.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed May 14, 2019

As always the staff, service and accommodation are exemplary. I have stayed in most of the hotels in Doncaster but this is in my honest opinion the best. The beds are definitely the most comfortable and the breakfast choice is excellent

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Good morning Leonarda,

Thank you for leaving such a lovely review!

I am delighted you enjoy the hotel and think our breakfast is excellent.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2019

Good car park & within easy walking distance of the race course & city centre. As we were attending the model engineers event at the race course this location was perfect.
Nice spacious room & quiet overlooking the car park rather than the main road.
Good breakfast & a meal in the restaurant was good too.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Good morning Phillip,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely review.

I am pleased you enjoyed your meal with us and you thought the bedroom was nice and spacious.

We hope to welcome you to the hotel soon.