Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My partner and I stayed here on Friday night and it exceeded all expectations. The room was absolutely huge (we found out we'd been upgraded when we got there, which was a lovely surprise), and everything was more 5* than 4. i.e. service, robes in room, lovely guest amenities etc. The service at breakfast was second to none and the cooked breakfast was delicious, along with an ample continental choice. Really good hospitality all round

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear EB142014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review with regard to your recent stay.

I was really pleased to read such a glowing report of your stay and shall certainly ensure that your feedback is relayed to all members of the team here at the hotel.

I do hope that I will be able to personally welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Richard Tyas

Write a ReviewReviews (1,126)

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Wow, wow, wow, what a wonderful surprise. It is the first time that I have stayed here, and I can assure you, that it won't be the last. From the friendly staff when arriving, the most delicious meal in the restaurant and the most amazing, huge, luxurious bedroom and bathroom. The entire stay was fantastic. I would really recommend room 242 - worth every penny. You will feel like a Princess. Make sure you book a 'late checkout', as you will not want to leave. I can't wait to return. Thank you Mount Pleasant :)

Room Tip: 242 - you will LOVE it. Enjoy you lucky travellers
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Liz L

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

I was so pleased to read your comments and sounds like you had a truly memorable stay at the hotel. It always a pleasure to read that the food, room staff and service were performing to the standards we set. I shall certainly relay your thoughts to all members of the team here at the hotel.

A small point would be you didn't stay in Room 242 as we don't have one. But I have traced that you stayed in Passaddhi Suite Room 224 which is much better than 242.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed here last week in an executive room and tonight I'm here in a Junior suite. The rooms are enormous. The beds really comfortable, bathrooms lovely with drench showers and high quality fittings. In the rooms you have got everything you need, with water and biscuits as extra touches. Had nice room service meals, Thai curry - don't know what the man who said there's only burgers is on about! Last time I checked steak sandwiches, soup, Thai curry and salads werent burgers! Breakfast is nice, you can have whatever you want, full English or they will just do you poached eggs on toast. The communal areas are really nice, lots of sofas and a roaring fire. I've stayed twice now in 2 weeks for business and I highly recommend. The staff were very pleasant to me, I don't know why people are complaining. Perhaps people treat you as you treat them, I was pleasant and got nothing but a pleasant response back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear JanineWJ

Thank you for taking the time to post your review with regards to your recent stay here at the hotel.

I was so very pleased to read such a detailed review and so very positive, I shall certainly ensure that your feedback is relayed to all members of the team here at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Just to set the scene I got married at this Hotel and have stayed on a number of occasions. We booked the 'Sanctuary Suite' be warned if you are shy there's no door between the bedroom and bathroom and although your modesty is covered via frosted glass on the loo you could feel exposed. If your very comfortable with your partner it's nothing to worry about! The room was lovely and bed was incredibly comfortable. Very annoying receptionist who when challenged about our bill was very rude ( which I've never experienced before) Our starters were delayed with our evening meal but an immediate apology was offered and free drinks. A pleasant stay in fabulous surroundings.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Khan710

Thank you for taking the time to post your review with regards to your recent stay at the hotel.

I was pleased to read that overall you had a pleasant stay at the hotel, please accept my apologies if any offence was caused by my reception team this was certainly not the intention.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed one night while visiting family in Doncaster, we booked a family breakfast and were looked after by the staff who could not do enough to please us.
The two rooms we booked were superb in every way.

It is our 4th time stopping here and it just gets better.

Room Tip: Join Best Western rewards for no cost upgrade.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear SEALSouthampton

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the hotel.

It was very pleasing to read that our standards have remained high and that you enjoy staying with us so much, I shall ensure that your comments are relayed to all the team here at the hotel

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Thanks to all the team for an amazing rowing club ball the food was great and the music especially so !.

Thanks to the wonderful DJ for playing all our requests and the special care taken with dietary requirements.

We look forward to next year !!! Thanks !!!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear maccapakka

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent event at the hotel.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed the food and entertainment and certainly look forward to welcoming you back to next years event.

Regards

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I could save myself a lot of time here,,,,, Just read ALL the Tripadvisor excellent reviews. Those say everything we encountered throughout our stays.
When initially visiting Mount Pleasant Hotel to check for somewhere for an overnight stay, my wife returned from the Ladies with the comment,,, “By far the best toilets anywhere”
During our stay at Mount Pleasant every one of the staff were friendly but professional.
Well furnished rooms, superb food.
After dinner we were shown a choice of private lounges where we could have our coffee, these lounges are part of the original farmhouse with tastefully decor and furnishings.
We were so impressed with the service we received on our first stay we booked for our forthcoming wedding anniversary weekend there and then! That was an equally excellent stay. We WILL return.
A family owned and run hotel where at least one of the owners is on site each day,,,,, and it shows.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Dear ROYnJOY

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent visit to the hotel

I was pleased to read such an excellent review of the hotel and the facilities. I shall ensure that comments are passed through to all the team here at the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Richard Tyas

Also consider these accommodations in or near Doncaster
The Earl of Doncaster
The Crown Hotel
#1 of 1 in Bawtry
4 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Doncaster

Been to Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel? Share your experiences!