“Best Western in the UK”

Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed here on business in late Oct 13 and found this to be the best Best Western hotel I have every stayed at in the UK. Lovely surrounds, fantastic rooms, free wifi and good food...wine a bit expensive though.

I will be back again soon to check they are maintaining the high standards.

PS.

Some of my business colleagues could not get rooms at this hotel and ended up at the Ramada at Doncaster airport. They said it was truly dire and came over to spend the evening with us and were amazed at the standard of the BW Mt Pleasant.

Room Tip: Top tip....don't go to the Ramada Doncaster Airport!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Chaka_7

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback with regards to your recent stay at the Best Western Premier Mount Pleasant Hotel.

I was delighted to read your feedback on your stay at that your colleagues came and enjoyed the hotel too.

If there is anything I can do to assist future stays please do not hesitate to contact me direct here at the hotel.

I look forward to personally welcoming you to the hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here on a number of occasions and used it for business. Staff very helpful all the time. Facilities for meetings excellent and food always of the highest standard. Rooms excellent and always spacious. Highly recommended and worth the price

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Lauren1ee

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review of the hotel.

I was delighted to read your recommendation of the hotel and that you have enjoyed your business stays here so much.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed in this hotel as it was our sons wedding. It exceeded expectations.
The rooms are great - very large and well laid out.
The bathroom was stocked with all the products you would expected from a better hotel.
The wedding lunch and buffet was great. The presentation and service was perfect.
The drinks were expensive - but normal hotel prices - for the area I did expect them to be lower but this didnt spoil my stay. The gardens were beautiful and in the summer I would think the colours would be amazing for wedding photo's.
The staff were on the ball and nothing was too much trouble for them.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the hotel can be noisy as you can hear people outside of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Jane W

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review of your experience at the hotel.

I was very pleased to read that you had such a good celebration for your sons wedding reception and that all aspects of your stay were perfect.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed here as a birthday treat for me in one of the spa rooms, the room was stunning, the 5ft copper bath is an absolute must, but only after youve spent some time relaxing in the sauna right next to it all in your room! we were presented with champagne and hand crafted chocs on arrival, escorted to our room and made to feel very welcome, lovely big sofa, huge bed, sky tv, in a room with loads of character. staff are very helpful, food is very good, and breakfast is cooked for you rather than done by buffet. would definately go back and recomend to anyone.

Room Tip: Go for a spa experiance room. top drawer
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear easilee

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent visit to the hotel.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your own personal Spa room experience in Passaddhi Spa Suite at the hotel, and certainly your kind feedback has been passed through to all members of the team here at Mount Pleasant.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was a lovely hotel to stay at just out side Doncaster in a quite location. Lots of character and spacious room. Would stay again if in the area. Friendly staff and good food

We were upgraded too!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear peter26162

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind review with regards to your recent to Mount Pleasant.

I shall certainly ensure that your comments are passed trough to the team here at the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Me, my wife, daughter and her boyfriend went for an Afternoon Tea, followed by a Spa treatment. On arrival we were left standing in the reception while our table was prepared. After quite a long wait, (45 mins) we were served our Afternoon Tea, which was very good and enjoyed by us all. Twice we had to go to find someone to ask for a refill of tea/coffee as there didn't seem to be enough staff? The spa treatment was a real treat and the Spa staff were very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Jaguarxj634

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback with regards to your recent visit to the hotel.

Please accept my apologies for any delay in receiving your afternoon tea and I was glad to read that you enjoyed it.

Regards

Reviewed October 14, 2013

A beautiful hotel and restaurant. I took my wife to dinner there on our wedding anniversary. The meal, menu choices, service, ambience and surroundings all meant we had a superb evening. A few days later I treated my wife to two hours of pampering treatment, she elected to have a pedicure, manicure, back massage and facial. She was delighted with the treatment and she remarked how lovely the ladies doing the treatments were. We then had dinner and an overnight stay. Our room was very nice indeed. Again the dinner was excellent, as was the service. If I have one problem it is that you get 5 star food and 2 star wine. The wine selections must have had a 400% markup, they were screw-top, nondescript and of dubious quality unless you were going to pay a lot of money. I would suggest the hotel gets in Clarets, Riojas and the like which aren't too expensive and are for the most part consistently good. I won't mark them down for that, it's intended to be helpful advice. once they deal with their wine problem they'll go from excellent to perfect!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear IvorD

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback with regards to your recent stay at the hotel, I was very pleased to read that you had such a nice stay. I shall ensure that your feedback is passed through to all members of the team here at the hotel.

In respect of your comment with regard to wine and the wine list we do stock over 65 wines at the hotel which does include a Claret and Rioja , I can certainly ensure that these wines are competitively priced and certainly not close to your comment of a 400%markup, the screw top is unfortunately something that a lot of the producers have now opted for, I can assure that we personally have tasted and selected all of the wines on our list.

Once again thank you for taking the time to place your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Regards

Richard Tyas

Also consider these accommodations in or near Doncaster
The Earl of Doncaster
Holiday Inn Express Doncaster
Ramada Encore Doncaster Airport
Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36
Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels

Been to Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel? Share your experiences!