“Brilliant birthday”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Brilliant birthday”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We booked a birthday Sunday Lunch for our family to celebrate my husband's birthday. We had the Alice Maude rooms, which is a private bar and lounge area (great for meeting and greeting guests as they arrive) and a private dining room. The huge table was beautifully laid and looked stunning. There were several choices at each of the three courses for lunch and all the food, without exception, was superb. Not one complaint - and my gluten-free dietry requirement was met with absolutely no problem. The children were well catered for and highchair supplied for the baby. All the staff were attentive but not intrusive, all very friendly and made us feel at home. We went back into our little lounge area after the meal where we could be more cosy to chat with family members. We were not rushed out and were able to come and go into the gardens, in the sunshine, to make the most of the day and our visit. It was an excellent day - well done and many thanks to everyone at Mount P

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear mjpanks

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dining experience at the hotel.

I was so pleased to read that your husbands birthday was such a fantastic occasion, and that all areas of service and ambience were so good.

I shall certainly pass your comments through to all the team here at the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Richard Tyas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Sheffield
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We came here the end of may for the pick and mix party. We went Paintballin down the road at Bawtry paintball and it was really good but they wouldn't turn the guns down to low impact so we all got very bruised. It is a long walk from paintballin to the hotel, I recommend the bus which goes from the entrance to the hotel doors. We were allowed to check in early which was amazing and we went to the party apartment, it's huge and full of sweets and slippers and dressing gowns for everyone. It's just like a very big hotel room with massive sofas, a kitchen, hint~there is a microwave for late night snacks!! Then we did cocktail making, that was great fun and we sat outside drinking them. The buffet at night was really lovely, from scampi to chicken breast strips to a whole bucket of wedges and Brownies to die for!!! Staff were really helpful and understanding. We were allowed to decorate the apartment and the night was great. A lot of drinking and games. The rest is history. Breakfast was very nice. I would highly recommend this for a hen party, big birthday or a general get together, it's pretty cool.

• Stayed May 2013
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Jeni_bom

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback to Trip Advisor.

I was so pleased to read that you had what sounded like a really great fun stay and that all your friends enjoyed it too.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you on other occasions back to the hotel.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

This out of town hotel offers large bedrooms and bathrooms with all the appointments provided in the room up to and including a pillow selection. A drink in the garden upon from arrival was a good reward after a ride up from London. A very good and well priced wine list offered in the restaurant and you can eat either in there or the bar areas. The soufflé starter and cheese platter were fine, my medallion of pork wasn't that exciting. Masses of helpful and friendly staff. A great night's sleep. Cooked breakfast. Easy parking. Oh if other UK hotels offered this level of service and comfort at reasonable prices they would have many more happy customers.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear PUTNEYBIKER

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent visit to the hotel.

I was very pleased to read your comments with regard to your stay, I have noted your comment with regard to the pork main course and shall review this with our Head Chef.

I was very pleased to read you had enjopyed a good nights sleep and breakfast, I shall ensure that your comments are passed through to all members of the team.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Doncaster.

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I would like to say that, although there are negative reviews please do make your own judgements as people are more likely to review the negative and less likely the positive and what maybe deemed as negative to some may not with others.
My fiancé and I spent the night in the spa room 224 passadhi (can't remember how it's spelt)
And we found the room to be amazing, clean very spacious and the bathroom amazing very large brass/copper bath sauna and digital controlled shower with amazing pressure.
Breakfast was good great selection and staff where polite and cheerful.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear K4SG

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review and for your kind comments with regard to previous reviews.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed Passaddhi(very close) it really is a great room, and also that you enjoyed the food and service.

I look forward to being able to personally welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We have been to this hotel many times before as it is only 10 mins drive from Doncaster dome. This time we booked a junior suit as it was my partners birthday and it was our best stay yet! All the staff were friendly and the room was amazing, it had a one of a kind 4 poster bed and a very spacious bathroom. We also booking into the spa for a 30 min back neck and shoulder massage and that was just the icing on the cake. This was definitely our best stay there so far and we will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: All the rooms are really nice but if its an occasion you have to go for one of the junior suites or...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jaxx1994

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the hotel.

I was delighted to read your review on all aspects of the hotel, and I shall certainly ensure all the team here at the hotel see the feedback.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We chose to visit here for afternoon tea to celebrate my daughter's 18th birthday with her grandparents and godparents. We arrived in time for our 3pm reservation and was told the table was being prepared so would we like to choose our sandwiches whilst we waited which seemed fair to me. We were shown to our table which was in the bar area and felt like we had been put out of the way at 3.15 where we again given the menu to which we replied we had decided. The order was taken however at 3:50 the waitress came back again and said it shouldn't be much longer, I replied that we had seemed to wait quite a while and her reply was well its 8 lots of sandwiches and the crusts have to be cut off! The food arrived on 3 cake stands and looked beautiful but when the tea was brought the waitress commented she didn't know where it was going to go, was that my fault that he table wasn't large enough. The food however was excellent and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. Upon leaving my daughter decided to purchase some chocolate lollipops the waitress served her and commented that she was surprised she could fit them in - I would have thought that they wanted to sell them. On our return home it was commented from 2 of our party about the attitude of the waitress which was a shame. Apart from that it was enjoyable.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Helen W

Thank you for taking the time to write your review with regards to your recent visit to the hotel for afternoon tea.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the content of your tea , I was obviously very disappointed that you experienced any delay in receiving your food please accept my apologies for this.

Also my apologies for any offence caused with regard to the comments on lollipops it was meant in a light hearted manor.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Regards

Diss, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Really nice hotel with polite and pleasant staff. Our family room was excellent. Stayed for a weekend break around Bank Holiday and would have liked to have stayed another night. Hope to book again soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear DaveW321

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I was so pleased to read your review and that you had such a good stay at the hotel, I shall ensure that your feedback is passed through to the team at the hotel.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Richard Tyas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doncaster
The Earl of Doncaster
The Regent Hotel
The Regent Hotel
#11 of 19 in Doncaster
Mercure Doncaster Centre Danum Hotel

Been to Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel? Share your experiences!