“Poor service and management”

Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 25, 2013

From check in to check out, the service is very poor. We attended a wedding of our friend, very excited and with a nice pictures of the hotel on booking despite of the bad review on reception and tired hotel, I booked it as I stayed in a Best western hotel before in other country and in Wales. The check in I have to wait for a long time as the room was not ready and even offered for early check in and I will pay, they cannot accomodate me. The room was lovely, clean and very comfortable bed but the noise from the hall way and outside was unbearable to be heard in my room. The afternoon tea was a long wait of 2 hours and the table was not prepared and one of the waiter was miserable, the food was good but due to a long wait I was not able to enjoy the afternoon tea. I have to wait for a long time to check out as only 2 staff dealing the checkout.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank nwilliams_24
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear nwilliams_24

I was quite astonished and dissapointed to read your feedback as I was with MegBey.

Further to all of our conversations of the past few days, you have chosen to vent your feelings via Trip Advisor which is obviously as a guest you have a right to do.

I would state that nowhere in the conversations with either myself or the one with Best Western Customer services with MegBey has it ever been mentioned of any dissatisfaction with regard to afternoon tea that you experienced or was it it ever mentioned during your stay or at the time that you came to pay your bill, I have reviewed you order from the time that a table was opened to the time in which you came to pay your bill when the check was closed this was 64 minutes. In my opinion I see this as reasonable amount of time to both prepare and consume a leisurely Afternoon Tea.

I have also reviewed your comments with regard to your early check in time. The standard hotel check in time is 3pm and we actually checked you into your room via our reservations log at 1.23pm. No charge was made for an early check in, but similarly you did not leave our lounges to go to your room until 2.55pm. We only guarantee three early check ins per day and this is for 1pm and must be booked prior to arrival so we can guarantee that these rooms will be ready. I note that you never booked this in advance and that we facilitated you arriving early as soon as the room became available.

In respect of your comments with regard to noise outside your room again this was never mentioned during your stay and no one else in the 3 rooms in close proximity reported anything, certainly if there was any noise we would deal with this problem immediately via our duty management team.

With regards to your checkout I have viewed your checkout form the time you approached the desk and can confirm that this took exactly 60 seconds which I would consider very efficient.

I am sorry I totally disagree with your points of view with regard to your stay.

Regards

There are newer reviews for Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Arriving for the wedding of our friend our initial feelings of Mount Pleasant were fantastic, however despite it's big luxurious rooms and tranquill setting shown in the pictures we were quickly let down by the service.

Despite booking a table for afternoon tea 3 weeks previously we were left to stand around why the old table was cleaned and our table was laid. The service was then incredibly slow and most certainly not with a smile.

The ultimate disappointment came at the end of our stay when we were charge for drink we did not buy. Despite The signatures being completely different on the room card and the receipt the manager stated showing CCTV of us at the bar is simply enough! Disgusted and appalled at the way this matter has been dealt with. Please Please do not stay here!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank MegBey
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear MegBey

I was quite astonished and dissapointed to read your feedback.

I would state that nowhere in our conversations or the one with Best Western Customer services have you ever mentioned any dissatisfaction with regard to afternoon tea that you experienced, I would sense that you have chosen to add this due to your disgruntalment due to the bar charge.

As discussed via the phone calls to both myself and to Best Western Customer Services, firstly I would point out that when you disputed the bar charge on the Sunday Morning we suspended that charge pending the hotel looking into the matter further. We investigated via the member of staff who served your party on both occasions and also via CCTV footage as you you state of the drinks being purchased at the time. Whilst you state that the signatures differ to the room card I disagree, similarly the bar staff also on each occasion asked for the presentation of your signed keycard to verify your room number. I would also take the opportunity to point out that you admitted via the voice call that you had actually consumed those drinks.

Certainly from the hotels prospective if I believed that a mistake had been made I would have removed this charge but believe that no mistake has been made here,I very much disagree with how you have chosen to demonstrate your point .

Regards

Reviewed May 11, 2013

The hotel is in a super setting
And caters for its clients very well
The bistro area offers a superb choice of menus during the day
From a continental breakast early in the morning through to english breakfast, morning tea, coffee, lunch, afternoon tea, high tea, dinner, and supper
An amazing quality high service levels with english speaking staff nothing is too much trouble
The afternoon tea is fabulous
Well worth a trip

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank ian g
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear dealdownup

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review.

I was very pleased to read your review, and to read all the fabulous comments of your visit.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here for two nights – our room was huge but very tired and sparsely furnished. Bathroom was huge too but 'plasticky'. Staff were friendly and helpful. Gardens were lovely. We had a room at the back of the hotel which was quiet but any room to the front would be noisy because of the road.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel – busy road to the front.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bonnifido
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Stefan K,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review with regards to your recent stay at the hotel.

I was dissapointed to read your point of view with regards to your room, unfortunately I have viewed our reservation history but I am unable to match your name on here to a reservation so as I can review your comments further with regard to your room. All the rooms within the hotel are spacious and have a sofa and large desk and furniture in as well as the space to move around which we have always considered to be a nice feature of a hotel room.

In respect of your comment with regard to the few rooms that we have on the roadside of the hotel are triple glazed to insulate against any noise.

Thank you for your kind comments with regard to the staff and gardens I shall certainly ensure your comments are relayed to the them.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We visited the hotel with friends to attend a `wine tasting' function. Both couples were bowled over with our rooms which were huge and the bathrooms are the biggest I have ever seen. These were classed as suites so I can't comment on what the basic rooms are like. The food we had was a set menu for the function which was very reasonably priced, but would like to taste their a la carte before I can really give a fair review, but the breakfast was very good and all cooked fresh. We hope to stay there again soon.

Room Tip: Choose one of the spa suites they really are spectacular
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Algarvaphile
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Dear Algarvaphile

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

I was very pleased to read that you had a good time at the Wine Tasting Evening, and that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here as part of a pick n mix hen party offered by the hotel. the hotel is gorgeous - lovely public areas, large hotel rooms, big bathrooms and pretty gardens. As part of the hen party we had a private dining room for our evening meal and breakfast and the use of the fab party room apartment! The cocktail making session was great too and the poor bar man must of had the patience of a saint putting up with 16 loud, tipsy girls! Great time and lovely hotel, highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Foodfannn
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Foodfannn

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

It was a pleasure to read your comments with regard to your recent Pyjama party, I m glad you enjoyed the cocktail making sessions so much and all other aspects of your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you all back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The good
Staff on reception were friendly and efficient.
Communal areas like reception are very attractive.
Gardens are pretty but being so close to a main road spoils the effect considerably.
The bed was clean comfy.

The not so good
We stayed in a standard room so can only comment on this. I thought the decor on the whole was quite shabby (faded florals and damp looking sofas anyone?) and a bit strange. The bathroom had ants in it (strange given it's April).
The breakfast was probably the worst I've ever had at a hotel. The table we sat at was not clean and still had breakfast bits on it from a previous guest. The waitress was very abrupt and generally looked miserable. The juice was warm (this was even after waiting for them to bring fresh jugs out). The 'selection of pastries' consisted of one danish and one sad looking bread roll (I could possibly understand this if we'd come down near the end of breakfast but it was 9am!). Equally disapointing was the cooked breakfast. What I recieved included one very salty rasher of bacon and one very over cooked, poor quality sausage.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank magenta29
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Dear Magenta29

Thank you for taking the time to post your personal review to Trip Advisor.

I was obviously very dissappointed to read your feedback with regards to your stay at the hotel, and certainly the constructive points that you raise we shall take action,obviously this is a harder task given the anonimity of the posting, in regards to ?'s, obviously colour scheme and decor is down to individual tastes and not to yours on this occasion, I can certainly assure you of no damp sofa's as you question.

Please accept my sincere apologies with regard to your comments on Breakfast & ants, and certainly had any of these points been raised with members of my management team at the time we would have taken action to ensure they were corrected during your stay.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Richard Tyas

Also consider these accommodations in or near Doncaster
The Earl of Doncaster
Ramada Encore Doncaster Airport
The Regent Hotel
The Regent Hotel
#12 of 19 in Doncaster

Been to Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel? Share your experiences!