Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed in a suite with its own sauna and copper round bath , it was amazing to say the least quality of room cleanliness and restaurant food excellent staff all very friendly and helpful all in all a great mini break

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Dear Anne K

Thank you for completing the feedback to Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the hotel.

I was very pleased to read your feedback and read that you had such a wonderful stay in our 'Passadhi Spa Suite' , thnak you for your kind comments with reagrd to the cleanliness and the standard of the room , I shall certainly pass your comments through to all members of the team here at the hotel

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

BEST WESTERN PREMIER Mount Pleasant Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,116)

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Two nights in a first class hotel. A wonderful, warm hotel. The staff are friendly and courteous. The food in the restaurant is super, a great choice and beautifully cooked. The rooms are clean and warm with very comfortable beds. I will be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear John T

I was very pleased to read your feedback and read that you had such a wonderful stay and that you were so comfortable, I shall certainly pass your comments through to all members of the team here at the hotel

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We have just spent 2 nights at the Best Western Premier Mount Pleasant Hotel where we attended a family wedding. The hotel is lovely and our executive room was simply huge with one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept on! The bathroom had bath and separate large shower cubicle and the bathrobes were sooooo soft and cosy. There was a double docking station for iPhone/iPods. Sound-proofing was excellent. Due to flight delays we arrived at around one in the morning but the check in was very efficient and speedy and we slept like logs. Breakfast the followign day was excellent with plenty of choice and it is freshly cooked and delivered to the table so no hot buffet of greasy food and soggy scrambled eggs here. The wedding we were attending was at one in the afternoon. The room for the ceremony was beautifully set out and there were drinks and canapes afterward. The meal was excellent with very efficient service, We had a wonderful day overall and the efficiency of the hotel staff contributed to this. Breakfast this morning was exceelent again though service was slower - due, I'm sure to the fact that most of the wedding guests arrived in the dining room at about the same time! So why am I not rating this as 5 star? Well the only issue I had was the very early check-out time of 10.30am - the standard hotel check out time in the majority of hotels I've stayed in is 12.00 - we paid £20 to extend our check out time to 1pm. But that was a small issue really and overall I would have no difficulty recommending the hotel.

Room Tip: I didn't get to see any of the standard rooms but I strongly recommend the executive rooms in te...

Dear ClaremcBelguim

I was very pleased to read your feedback and read that you had such a wonderful stay and enjoyed the wedding reception, I shall certainly pass your comments through to all members of the team here at the hotel.

With regards to your comment on Check out time we have had this in place for number of years and had very little adverse feedback but certainly I have noted your comments and will review this in due course.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Went to this self catering cottage for a week with daughter and hubby, found the facilities to be outstanding. We were placed in one cottage but due to the heating not being on in time we were moved instantly without having to ask to the cottage next door. The rooms had ample towels and bathroom was spotless and beautiful. Kitchen was done tastefully as well . There are leisure facilities nearby as we did not really go to the hotel to eat. Doncaster centre is only 6 miles or less away by car. Nearby Bawtry town 2-3 miles is beautiful and a bit posh looking . The cottage was very enjoyable and we would definately recommend this one.

Room Tip: All the cottages are beautiful we were in #4 but #3`s bathroom is much bigger
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear islandbeautyuk

Thank you for completing the feedback to Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay in the self catering cottages at the hotel.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

First visit on a weekend break with another couple. As we were using our Tesco vouchers, we upgraded to a king size room. Glad we did, as the room was wonderfully spacious with a very comfortable bed and excellent facilities. Throughout the stay all of the staff were really friendly and efficient and could not do enough for us. We had two breakfasts and two dinners in the hotel's main restaurant and the food and the service were first class. We understand that the hotel has been in the same family's hands for many years and their good taste is certainly reflected in and around the hotel, within which they have located many really unusual and interesting features. It is also worth mentioning that while we were there, a wedding took place on the Sunday. However (and unlike our experience in other hotels) apart from being aware of the guests arriving, it was so well organised that you would hardly have known that a wedding was taking place. We shall be back.

Dear mossgiel

Thank you for completing the feedback to Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay using your Tesco vouchers at the hotel, it is fantastic offer using those vouchers.

I was very pleased to read your feedback and read that you had such a wonderful stay I shall certainly pass your comments through to all members of the team here at the hotel.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for one night to attend a wedding. The room was large and well appointed with a super bathroom and a very comfortable big bed. All toiletries are provided as well as a hairdryer and lovely bathrobes. The rooms are equipped with a kettle and a variety of hot drinks.

The food we found to be good but not exceptional but we were attending a wedding so the a la carte menu may be very different. Breakfast was excellent and included in the room rate (£99) and consisted of a buffet of cereals (lots of choice) fruit, cold meats and cheese, yogurts, pasties and nuts/dried fruit with a hot breakfast cooked to order. Again, there is plenty of choice here; from a traditional English breakfast to scrambled eggs with salmon, pancakes, oatmeal, kippers and a vegetarian option amongst others.

All in all a pleasant stay and courteous staff but we did find the drinks quite pricey - a pint of bitter and a 250ml glass of wine came to over £10. It kept us reasonably sober though I suppose!

Dear Annie L

With regards to your comments to drink prices, certainly we are competitive to local similar establishments and we reguraly monitor these in order to remain competitive, but thank you for taking the time to express your opinion on this.

Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

A very pleasant hotel offering exceptional service, comfortable rooms and excellent food.

Conveniently located a short drive from Robin Hood airport, the welcome was warm and professional. Porterage was not offered but with light luggage hardly necessary for me.

The hotel shows high standards of housekeeping in the public areas and every member of staff I met was polite and courteous.

My room was superb - an enormous space with king size bed, crisp white linen, good quality furnishings and a delightful bathroom. A tea tray was provided on the antique desk with all the usual options. A large comfortable sofa sat in the corner and a flat screen TV was mounted on the wall.

There was plenty of hanging space, a laptop safe and iron provided. There was minimal drawer space but shelving was available in the large wardrobe for such use.

The bathroom offered a large roll top bath, good quality toiletries and large, powerful shower. Plenty of thick fluffy towels were provided along with good quality dressing gowns.

Wifi was available in my room, but only just. The signal was not powerful enough to be picked up by my phones or apple laptop, but registered a very low signal on my pc. This allowed me to (very slowly) check my email but more progress could be made if I sat close to the door - the signal is slightly stronger near the corridor. There is no phone signal on the 3 network and a small but usable signal on O2.

This lack of good Internet connection means that corporate VPN access or downloading of films etc is not really suitable, at least from my room. You either need to ask for a room nearer the access point or sit in the lobby to get a decent connection. This problem is easily fixed by installing some network repeaters or extra access points throughout the building.

Dinner was delightful. I opted for a bar snack and thoroughly enjoyed well cooked fish and fresh vegetables accompanied by exceptional service from a friendly bar tender.

I also tried the Caesar salad which was beautifully presented, fresh and crisp and must rank amongst the top 3 Caesars I have tried across the world.

Breakfast was superb. All the usual fruit, juice, pastry and cereal options, along with toast and cooked items made fresh to order.

You get a pleasant welcome, genuine smile and are well looked after by the young breakfast supervisor who will go we'll out of his way to ensure you have everything you need. He really is a credit to the hotel.

Toast swiftly follows along with fresh coffee or tea. The cooked breakfast is very well done and a great start to a busy day, complete with a genuine large, fat Doncaster pork sausage.

I would not hesitate to return to Mount Pleasant and hope to do so later this year. This hotel is a great example of quality rooms, quality food and quality staffing.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank travellerocity

Dear HamptonYZs

BEST WESTERN PREMIER Mount Pleasant Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Doncaster
The Earl of Doncaster
Ramada Encore Doncaster Airport
Whitley Hall Hotel
Whitley Hall Hotel
#2 of 53 in Sheffield

Been to Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel? Share your experiences!