“One of the best places in Doncaster”

Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
GreenLeadersSilver level
“One of the best places in Doncaster”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Excellent venue for weddings or parties, decent priced drinks and very friendly staff.
Surrounding gardens are spectacular and if you are planning for a special day its worth a visit.
Rooms a well kitted out, but a bit dark due to small windows and I thought a bit warm but these were minor niggles.
Breakfast is normally where these hotels fall flat on but sit down service with some well cooked grub, catering for a variety of tastes with a cold selection too.
Special rate with wedding £80 for standard double bed inc breakfast which was quite large - see if you can haggle down to that!

Room Tip: Some rooms can be on the ground floor overlooking a quiet car park. As for the first floor if you...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Alistair M
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear BooyaManchester,

Thank you ever so much for taking time to post your feedback onto trip advisor , following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read your kind comments made about the hotel facilities and the excellent food and service.

We do always have our best available rates on line or direct with the hotel.

I will make sure your feedback is shared with all of my team at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you and your friend back to the hotel in the near future

Richard Tyas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Doncaster
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Love the Mount Pleasant, small but friendly bar area but the service is superb and so is the food. The rooms are very nicely decorated and have a luxury feel. Great location on the outskirts of doncaster but near enough by car or taxi to either town, Bawtry, Airport and the Dome. You will not be disappointed. I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Baywatchbabe
Dear Baywatchbabe,

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2012

28.09.2012 Our first visit, a very impressive building, nicely decorated, great staff. Agreat place for a wedding reception. Attended friends evening do, supurb room, good disco, not to loud. A very good buffet with lots of chioce hot and cold. Great fun in the photo pod. All in all a very nice place and a very nice evening. Very clean toilets.

Room Tip: As i was driving i drank lime and soda water 50p a class, a very happy Yorkshireman
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JOHN T
Dear John T,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with regard to your recent visit to the hotel for a wedding reception.

I was obviously very pleased to read that you enjoyed the food and ambience, and also that you managed to drink Lime & Soda all evening at such a resonable price . Well done yorkshireman!

hessle
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Fantastic hotel!
The grounds were amazing!! What a fab hotel... the junior suite was amazing with a four poster bed and a huge living room area and a huge bathroom...the meal in the hotel is definately recommended as it was very romantic, relaxing and so tasty!! We would definately return again and for 2 nights instead of 1 as we didnt want to leave! All the staff were so friendly and couldnt do enough for us both..The only criticism is the breakfast as there wasnt a lot of choice and no beans???? But it wouldnt put us off staying again as we loved it...
Joanne and Tony

Room Tip: The junior suite at the far end of the corridor on the first floor facing the car park as it was qui...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne D
Dear Joanne & Tony

With regard to your comments about Breakfast I was suprised by this as we have danish pastries, cold meats , fresh fruit , dried fruit cereals, breads , croissants etc and certainly there would have been no problem in adding baked beans to your hot food order.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Me and my partner stayed here Friday 21st September, on check in we was told we had been up graded, the room was fabulous really large with a hugh 4 poster bed, as i work for a best western hotel myself i was very suprised to be told i receive 25 percent discount on food and drink (another added bonus) my partner is severly sighted and the staff was extremely helpfull making sure we was ok and had everything we needed we will definatly be staying there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank melanie g
Dear melanie g

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I regularly stay here on business. The rooms are excelllent. I have been in a few rooms and have had rooms with large baths, large shower areas or sometimes both! The rooms upstairs have also got I-Pod docks which i find very useful.

All rooms have free Sky Sports which is a bonus to somebody who has many lonely evenings to themselves. Breafkast is very good and on the few times I have eaten an evening meal here the food is nice but pricey (which is really to be expected in a hotel).

The staff are friendly when required and I have no complaints at all about this hotel.

Very good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bassitee
Dear Bassitee

I will make sure your feedback is shared with all of my team at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Lichfield
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel following the races at Doncaster, I was one of a party of 18, the food was pre-ordered a few weeks ago. The food was excellent and the portions were generous. The service was good and we had coffee in the lounge area. The Hotel rooms were large, the only negative was that both the bath and shower were slippery when wet (safety mats were not provided). I think that the hotel should provide two bottles of drinking water free of charge. The breakfast was a little disappointing, the quality was good but it was left uncovered and the cooked breakfasts were rather cool, also the service was not as efficient as the previous evening, but overall it was good.

Room Tip: Take a couple of bottles of drinking water with you as the rooms are rather warm. Also take care in...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vanessa B
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear VanessaB

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on to the Trip advisor website.

I was obviously very pleased to read that you had enjoyed your food and stay at the hotel.

With regards to your comment on bath mats although we do not place these in the bathrooms they are readily available via reception and we would have happily brought this to your room, the information of this is contained in the guest directory in each room.

Thank you for staying with us and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Richard Tyas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doncaster
The Earl of Doncaster
#11 of 19 in Doncaster
Grand St Leger Hotel
Grand St Leger Hotel
#17 of 19 in Doncaster

Been to Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel? Share your experiences!