“Best place to stay if visiting Doncaster.”

Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Originally being from this area, we had no hesitation in booking The Mount Pleasant hotel.
We visited for two days over the Jubilee weekend. The greeting was exceptionally friendly, with quick and super efficient service. We upgraded our room to an executive room. Absolutely well worth the minimal cost, as it had a water bed. lovely........
We ordered room service, the food was very nice, and service fast, and well worth it.
Because we were in Doncaster for a wedding, we took taxi's everywhere. ( we was celebrating specific events) With one quick call from reception, they were there within minutes of the call.
The Mount Pleasant hotel has a lovely setting, very oldie worldy feel, with fantastic facilities.
The only thing missing is a pool, however it does have an amazing spa . Just check out the spa rooms. If you can do it- these rooms are amazing. Just book it.
overall, great two night stay, will definately return, without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NicianLondon
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Dear Nician

Thank you for taking the time to write your review with regards to your recent stay at the hotel. I was very pleased to read all your comments with regard to all the staff and the facilities.

I shall ensure that your excellent feedback is passed on to all the team here at Mount Pleasant and we very much look forward to personally welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Just wanted to say how much I love the Mount Pleasant Hotel. I got married here in March 2010 and all members of staff were very helpful and made sure my special day went off without any problems. I also had my hen night here on the pamper party, it was fabulous and would recommend it. My sister is having her hen party here in October, cant wait for that!
I come for regular meals here too and can say the food is gorgeous, I cant fault it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kittenSouthYorkshire
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Dear Kitten

Thank you very much for placing your feedback on the site, its always a pleasure to read such good feedback.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in October if not sooner.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

I booked in this hotel last mintue as a surpirse for my boyfriends birthday.
I had always heard this was a lovely hotel but as I pass it everyday on my way to work I didn't necessarily think it was going to be anything special (not sure why!).
I arrived in the afternoon to check in so it would be a surprise later on for my boyfriend.
When they gave me my room key it had a stamp on it saying we had been given a complimentary upgrade, which initally I didn't notice until seeing the room.
OMG it was gorgeous, a queen size water bed, two settees and table, desk and chair, wardrobe big enough to live in and a bathroom the same length as the bedroom. Definitely more than I had imagined and all for £70 (booked through Octopus). I am guessing we only got the upgrade because they weren't busy so wouldn't necessarily expect this again but they didn't need to but glad they did. The only negative thing I could say is that I would have preferred not to have a water bed but that's just a personal choice.

The staff were extremely welcoming and met all our needs and I couldn't have faulted the breakfast.
Needless to say my boyfriend was very happy with his surprise.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Toddo28
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2012

Dear Toddo

Thank you for placing your kind review on the site it was very pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that all aspects of the hotel were so pleasing to you.

My apologies that you were not informed that you had been given a 'Mud Bed' but as you it a personal preference but certainly you are visiting us again then please get in touch I will ensure we steer you off the ''mud beds'

I look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

What can I say about this amazing Hotel and it's staff!!!
I stayed here with 5 of my friends as I won Best Dressed Lady in Yourkshire at Doncaster Races and the Hotel had very kindly put up a prize for a one night Pyjama Party night all paid for so we decided to pay the extra and stay for a 2nd night with Dinner Bed & Breakfast.
From the moment we arrived we were no disappointed.The reception staff are just fabulous and nothing was too much trouble.The Apartment we stayed in was more like a Barn Conversion and was absolutely huge.From the enormous sofas to the biggest table I have ever seen it was breath-taking.Everything was spotless with bathrobes and slippers for each of us.They had thought of everything from jars of sweets on the table to DVD's Wii games Ipod docking stations,I could go on and on.We had a Chinese Buffet delivered to our room with more food than we could eat..Delicious!!!
Our Saturday started with a trip to the Spa for a bit of pampering and we were not let down here..From fruit juices to a huge tray of fruit and free products to try we were spoilt rotten.
Our meal that evening in the cosy Restaurant was superb and although we had ordered from the set dinner menu when we came to order our sweet they had run out of what two of the party wanted so the lovely Lynne said we could just order any sweet from either menu..Thank you!
I have had similar weekend away with the girls but this really was one of the best we have ever had and I cannot recommend it hightly enough.
The only thing missing is a pool but they have plans in place for this and I told this will be going ahead in the very near future but for us this didn't make our stay any less pleasurable.
We will absolutely be back.The whole weekend was total bliss.

Thanks you from all the Moore Party

Room Tip: If you are booking the Pyjama Party ask for apartment 275...stunning
2  Thank moore68

Dear Moore Party

I was very pleased to read your review of your recent stay at the hotel for our 'Pick n Mix' Parties, it always a pleasure to read such feedback and pass it through to the staff at the hotel who work so hard to achieve this.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Kindest regards

Reviewed May 20, 2012

We came from the USA to visit family.this hotel does not have a proper adress so Tom Tom couldn't find it .had to call hotel for directions .it's relatively inaccessible to the A1.the room was nice nice quiet comfortable mattress .expensive at 150 pounds(300$)a night .breakfast,service is slow on a weekend hard to get more than cup of coffee.food average.in the bar they serve meals,the first lunch was a fair filet steak cost 25pounds took 45 minutes to arrive.fried goat cheese and olives was good.we came back on Sunday for lunch and were informed no bar meals on Sunday and the restaurant was full .I guess residents get to starve on Sunday's .we were with my 99yr old father.we were told the chef was too busy to fit anyone else in .after some difficulty we did get lamb and roast pork .it ,must have taken the sous chef less than 5minutes to carve and put on the gravy and veg.heard someone else with young kids ask for two booster seats and they were told the restaurant only had one.cost for Sunday lunch 100plus dollars equivalent quality. To a carvery which charges 12$ for similar food.wanted to have a late checkout on a Monday told cost was 40$for a couple of hours.this is a 4star hotel supposedly one of the best in Yorkshire it is not.reminded me of the old days in England where mediocre food and service was the rule .would have thought in this bad recession things would be more service friendly .we were thinking of having my fathers 100birthday party here.we will not.close by town of battery is very nice with a couple of much better restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank arh0070
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear Lafayette

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. Firstly we do obviously have an address which is the (A638)Great North Road post code DN11 0HW.

I am glad to read that you had a comfortable stay, my apologies that breakfast was not quite as speedy as you wanted at the weekend unfortunately this is due to most people wanting as long a sleep as possible at the weekend and all coming down together which is very understandable and difficult to avoid, we offer a continental breakfast service for guests who would like to be away that little bit quicker. I was pleased also to read that you enjoyed your meal on the first day but again my apologies that you found it difficult to obtain a table on a very busy lunchtime service.

Please accept my apologies that you felt the service was not up to our usual high standard.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Absolutely fantastic pyjama party offered for hen parties. You get a massive apartment with huge leather sofas, kitchenette, huge dining table and chairs, flat screen tv, wi games console with wi games, dvd player with a selection of dvds, glass jars with a selection of different sweets, fantastic buffet consisting of sandwiches, hot chicken goujons, crisps etc plus a platter of deserts. It was absolutely fantastic and the rooms you got to sleep in for the night were the normal hotel rooms which were massive with huge bathrooms and really impressive showers and baths. The breakfast next days consisted of anything you could ask for and were all beautifully cooked. Best hen event I have ever been to, and the staff were really wonderful. Great cocktails in the bar too. No pool though.

3  Thank august01
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Hi

Thank you for posting your feeedback to the site with regards to your recent pick 'n' mix party it was such a pleasure to read that you had a nice time and all aspects of your stay were fantastic. I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Invited to a Evening Wedding Reception at this Great Hotel we were reluctant to spend the money to stay the night as we only live in Doncaster but were persuaded to do so by friends ,
I must say Im Delighted that we did, We have stopped in Best Western Hotels all over the USA,Canada and Europe and found this hotel chain to be amongst the best for value and we have always been satisfied with the rooms and service, but to find that the best...Best Western hotel is on our own doorstep was to say the least delightfully unexpected.....As anyone who has travelled to the States and Canada they expect the best but to be honest it was this hotel that has impressed me most of all we were greeted at the large reception area by lovely welcoming staff who gave us our key to room 157 it was on the ground floor and just away from all the other rooms when we entered we thorght we had been given the key to the honeymoon suite it was very large and spacious with a large kingsize bed. 3 piece suite,a large Desk beautifull log fireplace and a bathroom you could hold a dance in with Walk in shower,bath,bidet,toilet and vanity sink unit lovey luxurious towels and Egyptian cotton bedding the decoration was superb in yellow tones and great paintings we had a large window and a french door which overlooked the garden everything was spotless with loads of wardrobe space in the large walk in wardrobe other facilities included Hairdryer,Ironing board and iron,remote control Radio Alarm and a Flat screen 42inch television we Paid the wedding rate for this room 109 pounds. If you are not local Doncaster is about 5-6 miles away with Bawtry about 3 miles The Yorkshire Wildlife Park is only about 1 mile away and there's fantastic restaurants in both Doncaster and Bawtry popular Doncaster Markets are Tuesdays Fridays and Saturdays and Doncaster Famous Racecourse is only 2-3 miles from this Hotel
The evening reception was lovely and the grounds of the hotel makes a perfect backdrop for Photographs We were not there for the sit down lunch reception but everyone was commenting on how lovely it was The food on the night was a lovely buffet with wraps with different fillings, chicken skewers,individual little tartlets etc. I would highly recommend this hotel whether its for a wedding or anniversary or just a visit to Doncaster; I don't think you would be disappointed.There is a spa at this hotel that we did not use.sorry about quality of photos took with my phone as i forgot the camera!!!

Room Tip: Ask for room 157 brilliant!!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Dear Mr & Mrs Fitzpatrick

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor it was fabulous to read such great comments of your fantastic time at the hotel and that your enjoyed you stay.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Regards

Richard Tyas

Also consider these accommodations in or near Doncaster
The Earl of Doncaster
Ramada Encore Doncaster Airport
The Regent Hotel
The Regent Hotel
#12 of 19 in Doncaster

Been to Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel? Share your experiences!