“A bit of a wobble”

Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel several times before and on those occasions I have had a room with a four poster bed. This time I was in room 270 (I think). It was a beautiful room with a lovely comfy sofa and armchairs, a large fire place. The room was enormous and the bathroom had a large bath and a seperate shower. The towels were massive and very soft and fluffy and there is also a bathrobe provided. Also it was lovely that I could open the windows in the room. I had a room service meal - the menu is very limited but the food was nice. I got into bed and couldn't understand why the mattress moved - I have since been told that it was a mud bed! Not certain I want to relieve the experience of this night - every time I turned over I woke up as the mattress sort of rippled, really bizarre. The hotel is really old and beautiful and I am looking forward to visiting again but hopefully not in room 270. Breakfast was lovely and well presented.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to place your review, my apologies that you had not been informed in advance that you were sleeping on a mudbed. I was very pleased to read that it has not changed your other kind thoughts with regard to staying at the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel

Reviewed December 1, 2011

What a fabulous hotel and from the moment we arrived we had great service with a smile from all the staff. Having stayed here a couple of times before. A friend and I decided to return for a relaxing break. What can i say? it was perfect. The room was fantastic - spacious and luxurious. We booked the 'invigorate me' package in the spa which was amazing and i would highly recommend trying this. The staff were lovely and we walked out of the spa truly invigorated ready to try some amazing cocktails in the bar. The dining experience is superb. wonderful food, attentive friendly staff. Breakfast was delicious and cooked to perfection. An outstanding hotel which we came away from feeling relaxed chilled and pampered. I could not recommend this hotel enough - will definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2011

Thank you very much for your kind review and comments. I shall ensure that your feedback is passed through to all members of the hotel team. I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Work booked me into this hotel for £79 a night. I was worried as Best Western's, don't have the best reputation. But I was totally surprised, huge room, corner sofa, triple sized shower all very modern. You won't be disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2011

stayed there on Friday and sat night, we have three kids 8 and under ,staff took all these and more kids from 3 wedding venues going on at the same time in there stride!,nothing was too much trouble very relaxed atmosphere,food and breakfast fab,........now the best till last the room.great size and huge towels with a lovely proper sized bath and separate shower unbelievable value for 5 people and we all fitted with space to spare!

we recently stayed in gw hotel in Bath , you could of fitted that place in this ones bathroom and that was more expensive and not a patch on the quality of the one in Doncaster

all i can say is thank you for a wonder full weekend !

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2011

Thank you for posting your kind feedback.
I shall ensure that your comments are passed through to the hotel team, I hope that you we will visit the area again that we shall have opportunity to personally welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed November 26, 2011

I went with a group of 8 for a hen party 'pyjama party' on Friday night.
The apartment was great. Very clean and spacious but the food and service completely let it down.
The evening meal had just 1 vegetarian option, which was a very greasy risotto. I didn't eat this at all, and was extremely pleased we'd taken some nibbles to the apartment!
The breakfast menu promised vegetarian sausages, however when it was brought to the table, I was told that they had no veggie sausages and I was faced with 2 overcooked hash browns, mushrooms and a shrivelled grilled tomato.
I would have been embarrassed to have served this to a paying guest, knowing that there was a vegetarian staying over.
4 of my meat-eating companions also waited 30 mins for their breakfast.
At £109 per person, the idea was great, but Im completely let down by the vegetarian offerings. For such a big, popular hotel, the very least I would expect would be a vegetarian sausage-(I would have nipped out to the local shops if I was going to have to offer that
breakfast to someone!) especially as it's 4star!!
I would not stay here again as I expect decent food if im paying over £100 per night! I'm not a 2nd class citizen just because I choose not to eat meat!
Very poor. This isn't the 1980s you know!

• Stayed: November 2011

Thank you for completing your feedback for your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologise for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Reviewed November 26, 2011

£20 for a one hour extended checkout is simply not acceptable especially as I am a reward card holder and best western advertise free late checkout. The industry norm for a four star hotel is 1400 free of charge. Also, twice had to go and find a waiter for lunch and supper! This is a comfortable stay given the competition (I have tried them all) but not worthy of anything other than average quality, go to the premier inn in town it is what it says it is with a little extra!

• Stayed: November 2011

I was most dissapointed to read your review and obviously your headline comment. It is certainly not the levels of service that we would normally provide and certainly not that of a four star hotel, of which we are of a very good quality in both standards and comfort, please accept my sincere apologies for a lapse in service.
In respect of your comment with regard to a late check out our standard checkout time is 10.30am, the £20 late checkout fee extends this to 1pm not the one hour as you describe. All services including late checkout are subject to availability and we only ever offer on any one day 3 rooms available for late checkout. I cannot say for certain that we were aware that you were a BW Reward Card holder unless the card was presented at check - in, but this would have been given free subject to availability and demand. Unfortunately due to your brief name on this site I am unable to trace your individual booking. My sincere apologies if any inconvenience or embarassment was caused.

Reviewed November 20, 2011

We stayed for on night for my friends wedding this was amazing and the bar staff were really friendly and attentive. I was just abit dissapointed with the breakfast no bowls for cereal, dirty cups and the worst thing of all the staff looked like they just wanted to go home. Overall I would stay again the rooms were 4 star.

1  Thank Charliefoxy1
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment with regard to the wedding reception and it was great to here that you had such a good time,. I was obviously very dissapointed to hear that you had a poor breakfast experience please accept my sincere apologies.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Doncaster
The Earl of Doncaster
Ramada Encore Doncaster Airport
The Regent Hotel
The Regent Hotel
#12 of 19 in Doncaster

Been to Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel? Share your experiences!