Rigsby's Guest House Doncaster
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Regent Hotel(Doncaster)
  • Free Internet
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsb bwhite roomland ladylovely guesthousefriendly catsus feel at homegreat landladymain bus routewalking distance to town centrefresh milkfull english breakfastcomfortable bedsvisit familytwin roomgreat place to staynight's sleepfollowing morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Before I write this review, I cant believe that anyone normal could put a negative word about lizzie on here!!!!
We stayed there for three nights from the 15th May 2013 and found that this amazing woman is one of a kind, she is lovely, kind, genuine, and hilarious, and she would go to the worlds end if you asked her to, also unknowns to people, she was even a famous trained singer years ago.
We looked around at a couple of rooms which were absolutely spotless, they were so well equipped, large flat screen telly in each room, and the usual tea & coffee and as well as central heating, along with a plasma fire also, the rooms smelled fresh, they had hair dryers, hand crème at the sink, the power shower was awesome.
There are fabulous oddities scattered around the guest house ie cuddly-dolls and wonderful strange items, it was like walking into a magical world, the fab breakfast was whatever we wanted, Lizzie even put actimal on the table along with juice, and biscuits to take with us for elevenses.
We are going back very soon, and we will be hoping to get in there again. To sum up, its a place everybody should visit even just to say hello to our "National Treasure" Lizzie!
If Lizzie and Rigsby's were in the Olympics they would be Gold medal winners for sure,Thank you Lizzie for an unforgettable time.

Malcolm Cragg!

Room Tip: The Large French room with queen sized bed is the one to get.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank mongo_kong
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Plus points - good breakfast and near to town centre, host Liza very friendly.
Bad points - prostitutes, prostitutes and prostitutes- cleanliness - value -
Prostitutes are a problem they badgered my boyfriend when he went to the shop and even if you override this they are out there all night shouting. Liza does her best to stop them but were a problem for us. Cleanliness leaves a lot to be desired and like a previous reviewer, Liza is very forgetful when it comes to prices, fortunately I had evidence of how much she said the room would be. Unable to recommend mainly on the grounds the cost of the room is not good value. I would recommend bringing your own towels.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicola A
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed at this lovely B&B with my boyfriend for a weekend break.
£55 for the night in the best room in the house, giant kingsize bed, french style furniture, fireplace, own bathroom and everything else you might possibly need.
Lizzy was lovely, on hand if we wanted anything or just for a chat, made us the best breakfast we'd had in ages and sent us off with a snack for the way home.
Honestly couldn't ask for more, cheaper and much better than the holiday and premier inn, would recommend!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lollypop1208
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The world needs more Lizzies, how refreshing to have a proper old school landlady who was so welcoming, happy and chatty, made me realize just how soulless the big chain hotels are. Bed was comfy, room was clean and I got to sleep with Paddington Bear! Cracking breakfast accompanied by an in house singing comedienne..... I don't think I have ever laughed that much at 9am. I'd go back again even if it was just to see Lizzie, eclectic, eccentric just my kinda gal x Kate Leach

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KittyLeach
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Fantastic, quirky, full of character and as mad as a box of frogs. And that`s just Lizzie. An excellent night in a great house, with as much character as it`s owner. Lizzie makes you feel welcome from the moment you arrive. Spacious and comfortable room with everything you could possibly need and first class breakfast. Thanks Lizzie, I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends