“Not Again”

Rigsby's Guest House Doncaster
Ranked #1 of 24 Doncaster B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Plus points - good breakfast and near to town centre, host Liza very friendly.
Bad points - prostitutes, prostitutes and prostitutes- cleanliness - value -
Prostitutes are a problem they badgered my boyfriend when he went to the shop and even if you override this they are out there all night shouting. Liza does her best to stop them but were a problem for us. Cleanliness leaves a lot to be desired and like a previous reviewer, Liza is very forgetful when it comes to prices, fortunately I had evidence of how much she said the room would be. Unable to recommend mainly on the grounds the cost of the room is not good value. I would recommend bringing your own towels.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicola A

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed at this lovely B&B with my boyfriend for a weekend break.
£55 for the night in the best room in the house, giant kingsize bed, french style furniture, fireplace, own bathroom and everything else you might possibly need.
Lizzy was lovely, on hand if we wanted anything or just for a chat, made us the best breakfast we'd had in ages and sent us off with a snack for the way home.
Honestly couldn't ask for more, cheaper and much better than the holiday and premier inn, would recommend!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lollypop1208
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The world needs more Lizzies, how refreshing to have a proper old school landlady who was so welcoming, happy and chatty, made me realize just how soulless the big chain hotels are. Bed was comfy, room was clean and I got to sleep with Paddington Bear! Cracking breakfast accompanied by an in house singing comedienne..... I don't think I have ever laughed that much at 9am. I'd go back again even if it was just to see Lizzie, eclectic, eccentric just my kinda gal x Kate Leach

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KittyLeach
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Fantastic, quirky, full of character and as mad as a box of frogs. And that`s just Lizzie. An excellent night in a great house, with as much character as it`s owner. Lizzie makes you feel welcome from the moment you arrive. Spacious and comfortable room with everything you could possibly need and first class breakfast. Thanks Lizzie, I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tracey C
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights with my mum and from the moment we walked in we felt welcomed by Lizzie. Yes she has 2 rats plastic ones along with a few other novelty items and characters which all fitted and gave the guest house it's character. I have stayed in other b&bs and not felt as welcomed as I did staying here. Yes the rooms dont have keys but you can lock the door from the inside when in the room and when you aren't in the room common sense tells you not to leave anything valuable in it. Breakfast was lovely and Lizzie will make what you want and will also ask what time you want it. Room was lovely and clean nothing to moan about . The ladies of the night that have been mentioned before we saw a couple but they quickly get moved on by the police. Would highly recommend this b&b you won't be disappointed .

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank pinktartan
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed here recently and to be honest I would not return. I was quoted a price when I booked the accommodation to turn up and be charged a higher price. When I questioned it she said she would have never given that price but I actually wrote it down when I was on the phone.
Lizzie is eccentric which that in itself isn't a problem but I did take offence when she said she would never have given me a different price and insinuated I was lying.
The rooms do not lock so don't take anything valuable although Lizzie said she doesn't take any riff raff, she doesn't personally know who stays so not sure how she can give that reassurance.
The rooms were big and ours was clean although the ornaments of rats in the bedrooms was a little strange.
The linen on the bed in my friends rooms was dirty and had obviously not been changed from the night before because there was makeup on the pillow case.
The breakfast however was beautiful and really good quality.
I feel there are better B&B's in the area, ones that will stick to the price given and make you feel a little more relaxed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Working in the local hospital for a few days, I initially stayed in another bed and breakfast where I was not too happy. As I walked down the road, I spotted Rigsby's, spoke to owner Lizzy and decided to move in.

I am certain to stay here if I get any more locum shifts in Doncaster. The house is beautiful, homely, spotless and welcoming. The owner actually cares how you feel and that is a rare find. Food is tasty. Lots of laughter at breakfast starts you off on the right foot.What more can you want? And the price for all this? Hard to believe. When Lizzy told me what she charges I thought I'd misheard.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business