Rigsby's Guest House Doncaster
$65
$63
$63
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Doncaster Lakeside(Doncaster)(Great Value!)
$70
Travelodge
All reviewsb bwhite roomland ladylovely guesthousefriendly catsus feel at homegreat landladymain bus routewalking distance to town centrefresh milkfull english breakfastcomfortable bedsvisit familytwin roomgreat place to staynight's sleepfollowing morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is a lovely bed and breakfast and Liz always goes the extra mile to look after her guests. I stayed for the week whilst on a course locally. The house is very clean, quiet and warm, great for business or leisure.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I can only give my personal views on staying at Rigsby's for a week recently. Very warm friendly greeting from 'Lizzy' the landlady, and being shown to my room was made to feel very welcome. The facilities provided were excellent, very clean. The daily breakfast was enormous, with a large variety of foods avalable. As 'Lizzy' has such great interpersonal skills, always with a happy smile and comment to greet you, you are well set for the day. As soon as you enter the premises, you are made to feel so at ease, part of the 'family' of other guests.
The other reviews regarding the 'ladies of the night'. the noisy neighbours are greatly exaggerated, (if the incidents quoted ever happened at all!) For five nights I walked to local public houses and food outlets locally. Not once was I accosted by the 'ladies', in fact I only became aware of one lady, some distance away from Rigsby's, being moved on by the police. I witnessed no noisy neighbours, in fact I had the best five nights sleep in the most comfortable surroundings, the bed was the best bed I have slept in at a hotel or B&B.
I would recommend Rigsbys as a first choice if visiting Doncaster.

(Plumbing Trainee - Will)

Room Tip: Room 3 (Vienna) is very good, set back from the road,very quiet with a private bathroom.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

i recently stayed here for 2 weeks, liz was really friendly and bubbly person she really made you feel relaxed and at home. The room was clean and well presented and very comfy. My room was ensuite which was very good.
Breakfast was served well and also given juice and biscuit for me to take away for while i was working which i thought was a really good touch.
As i work all around uk and stay in many b&bs i could say that liz does alot more than most to make your stay much better than others.
All in all yes i would stay again and hopefully will do one day if im working here again. Other bad comments about this place i would say dont really make much sence to me as i found nothing really wrong outside that was of any concern to me.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I must say after reading the former reviews I had to have my say. Not only are the previous reviews nothing to do with Rigsby's itself, they say nothing about the outstanding service Lizzy gives. We didn't have any trouble with any 'Ladies of the Night' or any 'Foul Mouth Neighbours'
Lizzy's Hospitality is second to non! I felt like I was in a home from home. The whole place was spotless and homely. Lizzy saw to it that we were happy, pleased and very well fed. She is one amazing woman to run this B&B by herself and I would put her on top every time.
What land lady would go to the extent of adding CCTV to their carpark, freshly cooked breakfasts and many more things just to make their guests happy.
I am extremely looking forward to returning again.. See you in September Lizzy!!!
Soph & Az

Room Tip: All of Lizzys rooms are up to top standard and well worth the money.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sophie M
Reviewed June 19, 2012

HOTEL NOT BAD BUT HOOKERS EVERYWHARE and foul mouthed language from the doss house over the road would not stay again

Room Tip: out the back
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business