“SERVICE WAS DISGUSTING!!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Went to Zest last night with a group of girl friends, our table was booked for 8pm. We were rushed through our meal and by 9pm the staff were clearing up around us, we were actually asked did we want coffee before he turned the machine off and this was before we'd ordered dessert. the staff spent the next hour encouraging us to leave eventually bringing the bill and plonking it on the table! When I pointed out to the waiter that we had been made to feel uncomfortable and unwelcome he didn't even acknowledge I had spoken never mind apologise to us!
Needless to say will never go here again and certainly couldn't recommend it to anyone else.

There are newer reviews for Zest Bar & Grill

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Out for tea with friends, sat down at 8pm, had a lovely meal, after finishing our main at between 9 and 9.30pm we asked for 10, 15 minutes before deciding on deserts. We must have been asked 5 times if we were ready for desert in that time. The whole evening felt totally rushed thanks to the waiters constantly looking over at us and asking if we were ready for deserts yet or coffee before they turned the coffee machine off. Very disappointed in the service as it's one of our favourite places to eat as a group. We won't be returning.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I've not reviewed as much as I would like to but after visiting here on my day off I was so impressed I thought I would return.

Firstly, walking in and being greeted right away was impressive, and being asked the type of table I'd like rather then assume was a nice touch.

The place itself is stunning, modern and clean. I know Doncaster pretty well and this was a hidden gem in my eyes.

I ordered the Peppered steak wrap and they asked how I'd like the steak cooked (Medium) which was done to perfection. It's without a doubt the best wrap I've ever had, and one of the best steaks too.

Drinks wise, I ordered a SloeJito (Mojito with sloe jin instead) me and my girlfriend are big cocktail drinkers and some places you can find they either rush making it, or just put little care into it.

This was again perfect, presentation (I'm not that pompus but it's a big deal with cocktails) and the flavour was epic.

Would I return again? Without a doubt.

Would I inform people about it, yes.

Oh and the prices... not bad at all :)

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Good food, decent size portions at a fair price.

You can't really go wrong with Zest!!!

Would recommend to family and friends for a bite to eat in Doncaster if you are wanting a casual dining experience.

Lunchtime menu is great, I always get the wrap!!

I always tend to choose here or Relish.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

First time to Zest so thought would give it a try as reviews sounded good.NIce atmosphere, good food & plenty!. 7 of us went for nephews birthday treat & we took own cake. Did ring night before to book & check it was ok for cake to be taken.What we did not know & the guy who we booked with night beforedid not mention, was that if its your birthday you eat free!!! Now we asked for bill & waitress points out nephews meal free but have we got I.D.! now bearing in mind he was 12 what do they want? no driving licence, not old enough,passport,birth certificate! who carries such a thing with them. Now if the guy who we booked with had pointed this out we could have hunted round for some proof!! So waitress sez well will just go & check with manager who sez no sorry need I,D.why do we have a blooming big cake with 12 on it etc.. if not celebrating his birthday. So folks if its your birthday DO REMEMBER YOUR I.D for a free 3 course meal.Apart from that,would go again as food was good service OK but was a Saturday night so quite busy.