Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
A wonderful day at the wildlife park

Daydream697695
Wonderful place to visit.

Alison E
Leeds, United Kingdom
via mobile

6,813 results
All reviews polar bear big cats large enclosures squirrel monkeys painted dogs plenty of picnic areas animal enclosures annual pass indoor play area animals seem all ages great family day food outlets plenty of places to eat value for money packed lunch ice cream
Reviewed 2 days ago

What a fantastic time we all had at the wildlife park , the animals looked relaxed & very healthy, the park was spotless, plenty of dining options even to self cater.
We enjoyed our experience much more than Chester zoo.....& not as far to travel

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Visited here on a breezy cool but sunny Saturday in November.We were very impressed with the layout,information regarding the animals and the overal feeling within the park.All the animals looked and acted at ease or rather at home in their well maintained surroundings.Being so close to the lions,giraffes,polar bears ,monkeys and many more beautiful creatures was truly awesome and we felt such respect for them.Children are welcome and actively encouraged to join in the fun.Entrance fee is worth paying for a wonderful enlightening experience.Shall visit again .

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

excellent day out for everyone. All animals and living spaces were well kept. Well worth a visit. prices reasonable, plenty of parking spaces.

Reviewed 4 days ago

I took my mum in her wheelchair for her birthday this year. As I was her carer, I benefitted from reduced entry fee - which was a bonus, but it was well worth the full price. Even though mum was in her wheelchair the whole park was fully accessible and mum was able to see and enjoy all of the animals. Do be prepared though, as some of the accessible wheelchair paths are not smooth, I nearly shook my mum out of the wheelchair on a couple of occasions. Also be prepared for a big walk around, made even longer because we went on a week day in September and not all of the cafeterias were open. Nonetheless we still had a fabulous day topped off with freshly cooked donuts in the afternoon by the tiger enclosure - the tigers were literally only yards away. I would thoroughly recommend it as a great day out for all of the family.

Reviewed 4 days ago

what can I say this place is amazing every time we visit there is something new.My grandchildren love it ,every time they come to visit we have to pay a visit.My husband and I have annual passes

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

This is 3rd time i have visited and each time I have not been disappointed. Its a great day out and love being able to walk around some of the animals habitat and interact with the animals. Kids loved every minute of it. Plenty of places to eat aswell as picnic tables if you wish to bring your own food. There are also play areas around the park.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

It is about £16 each but there’s a lot to see and you can make a full day of it. There’s loads of animals to see and a couple of areas where you can walk through with the lemurs and one with capybara’s and some little monkeys. It is quite big and quite a lot of walking so best to take a pram If you have little ones. Food and gift shop is reasonably priced. We have been a few times and would definitely go back again!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We attended the Halloween special and were pleasantly surprised about how accessible the whole site is. There wasn't anything my son could not see or feel included in.

The shows were of an excellent service standard and the whole thing well planned.

Prices are reasonable and they have carer discounts.

We have booked for the Christmas event too.

Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a well organised wildlife park. As others have said many animals are given large areas to roam. It was particularly useful to have the raised paths that could look down into the animal's area. Must say the park was much bigger than expected - certainly worth the day out.

Reviewed 1 week ago

The Yorkshire Wildlife Park came to the fore by giving wild animals a better life away from poor captivity conditions.
Hence the Lion enclosure shows happy animals in great surroundings. Same goes for Polar bears and Brown bears.
There is a lot to see and do and in some areas you can get up close and personal with the animals.
A fun day out for adults and children alike.
Very good facilities all round and plenty of parking.
Certainly worth a visit.