“Great”

Ranked #1 of 52 things to do in Doncaster
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Really nice zoo, it doesn't have lots of different animals, but the ones that are there seem to have really nice enclosures with lots of room. There are a few where you can walk in amongst the animals which is great.

It's fairly expensive for the amount of time you're likely to spend there (a couple of hours in our case), but that's fine as long as you know what to expect, it was a great experience. I think we'll definitely be going back in the summer when it's a bit warmer!

2  Thank Rob A
There are newer reviews for Yorkshire Wildlife Park

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had a lovely experience with the carnivore's for my 40th birthday My family got me a 2hr tour where I got up close to my favorite cats the Tigers. I got up very close to Vlad the male tiger i could of stayed with him all day if I could have..But we had the rest of the day in the park looking at all the other animals and it was bigger and better than I had expected, we are deffo going back this summer with the family and to see Vlad..

8  Thank 20taylor20
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Great attractions, plenty to tire the kids. Over priced by miles. Would not go again. Its just too expensive and at the end you will just ask why did I pay all that money for that.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Fantastic. Visited first in April 2012 and a second time Feb 2013 - there has been a lot of work done in the last year, all to improve the place.
The giraffe house is great (although a little smelly. you'd expect this though - they are big animals), and the new play barn is fantastic - the park are planning to have baboons in an enclosure next door with a window between the two . I can imagine the baboons will be entertained by the children playing as much as the children are by the baboons.

All of the animals seem happy, and the enclosures are very large. We were lucky enough to see a baby Mara that had only been born that morning in the south american walkthrough area. Unbelievably cute.

Highly recommended - we had a voucher for a free child place too.

4  Thank KarlDouglass
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We've had. Family annual membership for a couple of years, and make regular trips at weekends. We will never tire of seeing the lions and tigers, but there is always something going on, and the other attractions continually surprise. Some of the wallabies are carrying young, and it was a joy during today's visit to see little heads sticking out of their mothers' pouches. The new play barn is now open, and it kept our 5yo busy for a while. A couple of areas were closed today due to snow (ticket prices were halved to compensate), but it did not in any was spoil our day. The South American area was closed for safety reasons, but it was still possible to get lose to the animals from the perimeter fence. The Park does some great work with breeding programmes for rare species - the Amur leopards are a recent new introduction - and further expansion is planned. Baboons and spiny anteaters are two of the next new arrivals.
We consider ourselves to be extremely fortunate to have such riches on our doorstep, and can thoroughly recommend the Park for a great day out.

6  Thank Kenny A