“great value for money”

Innkeepers Lodge Doncaster, Bessacarr
Ranked #11 of 24 Doncaster B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Staff are great, friendly, efficient and really helpful. Rooms clean and very comfortable - if a little dated.Good location and easy to find. No complaints from us! Just 5 mins from Racecourse/town centre. Just 10 mins from A1

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed here a few times now. Some rooms are smallish, others larger, but for under £30 including continental breakfast it offers outstanding value. The staff are generally quite pleasant. For just a few pounds more per day you can upgrade your breakfast to full English. I would like them to offer eggs other than just fried (rather swimmingly provided) - poached egg or scrambled (and I am happy to make my own toast) would maybe provide a heartier 'upgrade' breakfast than just the continental version, keeps the arteries open a little longer, and helps keep the nations obesity rate down. But I guess the price is because its a Henry Ford style one-size-fits-all option. But overall it is clean accommodation, comfy beds and well worth £30.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with another couple to attend Doncaster Races on the 13/04/13. The hotel was exactly what I expected, clean, comfy, good value for money and very close to the Race course, everything we required for a great stay.

The guy who was the Manager of the hotel was more than helpful and let us check in very early, even though we didn't expect too, so that we were all sorted to set off for the races. He couldn't do enough for us and provided us with advice on what bars to go to, how to get there etc.

We had a great stay and would without a doubt stay here again when we come back to the races. It's also very handy that it's a Toby Carvery too, so good food at good prices.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My friend and I stayed in a twin room for a night out in Doncaster..we have stayed in other hotels around Doncaster on other occassions but this was our first stay here..I have eaten at the Toby Carvery on the premises before which is why I suggested staying here as the food is great and a good price with a great bar too..We were both well surprised about how good the room was for the price we paid (£29 for the room) nice and clean and given a key fob to let ourselves in after the pub closes free to come and go as we liked.. An all you can eat english breakfast for £3.99 each just finished off the whole stay..Would definitely recommend a stay here..We will be using the Innkeepers from now on

Room Tip: Book through the innkeepers site as its cheaper than the likes of Late rooms, Trivago etc which I fi...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed here friday and saturday nights while on a training course
I booked on the internet easily and got email confirmation of my booking quickly
when I arrived it was busy and there is a small area at the side of the bar to check in/out not really a proper reception but the check in was quick and efficient.

the room was basic but clean and good value with an en suite bathroom and free wi-fi which was easy to get connected to
the bed was on wheels and moved a bit but apart from that it was o.k.

I had the carvery meal on saturday night and this was good and good value although it was very busy

staff were friendly and polite but on a morning for breakfast there was no one around

overall it was o.k and I would stay there again if in the area mainly due to the price

Room Tip: some rooms you can hear the noise from the pub downstairs but not too loud
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My room, situated on the ground floor, was quiet, clean and well appointed.
Dinner in the Toby Carvery was very good value for money and the continental breakfast included in the room rate was well supplied with fruit, cereals, juices bread and pastries.
I will use this hotel again when in the area.

Room Tip: I found that the ground floor room was quiet and very east to access.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed here last weekend while attending a family celebration.

Room was basic but clean.
Beds were extremely soft.
"Double glazing" in the room certainly did NOT do the job.
Noisy guests were slamming doors at 2am (not the hotel's fault, I know)

We paid £30 for the room inc breakfast (good value for money I agree) but would not stay here again. Much prefer the Premier Inn in town.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple