Premier Inn Doncaster Central (High Fishergate) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
pammielamb
“BEST QUALITY”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and myself stayed here for a couple of nighst. and the quality was second to none.
clean and good decor throughout. the staff were one of the best have come across. nothing and i mean nothing was to much trouble . we are going to be going back a couple of times a year.. """"so 10/10 for the premier inn doncaster central high fisher gate"""""

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pammielamb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was my first ever stay at a Premier Inn and on arrival I asked for a quiet room. I was allocated room 310 which was a very quiet location and I was able to sleep with the air conditioning on such a hot night. The staff throughout in every part of the hotel were very friendly and helpful. Rooms and bar/ restaurant area are accessed by your room key card for added security. There is also self check in if you wish. The rooms were clean and comfortable with tea / coffee making facilities. I have stayed in other hotels which are similar but there are no facial tissues in the room which most others provide. There is however, 24 hr service if you have any issues. There is a Table Table restaurant and large bar area. However, there is not a guest night service for drinks as we were advised that the staff had gone so we were unable to have a last drink at the bar before retiring just before midnight. I would recommend this hotel but the main problem to be aware of is that there is no car park and no discounted parking at nearby car parks so this will add to your overall overnight stay price and could prove costly if you park in the Frenchgate centre for example. It is only a 10 minute walk from the railway station. The hotel is located on the A630 or if you are walking behind Primark or markets. Breakfast is from 0630 to 1030 and check in is from 1400 with checkout by 1200 which is fairly generous as most hotels are 1 hr less than this on check in and check out. There is another Premier Inn at Lakeside Doncaster which is a little out of town near the retail park so make sure you have selected the right hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room on the back if you want a quiet room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Clean, tidy hotel, breakfast was excellent - evening meals did the job. Ultra - friendly staff who could not do enough. Even with the road nearby - with a facing room there was little / if any noise. Overall a great couple of nights, considering the price - wonderful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BigTLondon71
Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2013

If you book a room here, don't come by car there is no specific parking. You have to mess around paying in the car parks around the hotel. So once you have booked taking advantage of the special offer, you cannot amend the booking if the parking arrangements don't suit. You get a call if you are lucky the night before, so not good. Also, check, double check and check once more when you check out. Because if you know what and where you left something in your room....it will not be there when you chase it up with the hotel. Very disappointing.........I doubt I will stay here again.......

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Doncaster Central (High Fishergate) Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by Management Team at this hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Pontefract, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2013

me and my girlfriend went for a night in this hotel on the 9/07/93 we had been to the yourshire show and decided to spend a nice relaxing night in a hotel. having most of the hotels near us fully booked including 3 other premier inns this was the one we chose to stay at, we arrived about 10pm having not booked a room Darren on reception soon found us one and a very nice one at that he was extremely polite and very helpful he booked us fast and pleasantly and guaranteed us a good nights sleep. after we checked in I asked Darren if there was a place to park a motorcycle having not wanting to leave it parked in the city centre over night , Darren's response was yes I will open the fire escape for you and you can bring it into the hotel I was most shocked at this amazing service and true to his word he allowed me to bring my 600cc motorcycle into the hotel and he parked it in a back corridor away from every one where it would be safe, not asking for any more money. I was and still am amazed at this service as most hotels would have just said no sir Darren went that extra mile he his truly an assist to this hotel and because of him I defiantly will be using this hotel again "premier in this guy need a pay rise he's making you a lot of money and am sure you don't pay him his worth". after a brilliant nights sleep we went to get breakfast the lady on breakfast made us extremely welcome and all tho she had only been there 3 weeks knew her job inside out, and was again very helpfully. To say this hotel is a budget hotel it is by far the best I have stayed in ,there is not a single thing I can complain about would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lewis C
Chesterfield
Reviewed July 8, 2013

For £35 a night for a twin room (albeit a double and a sofa bed) this is a brilliant hotel, every person who we encountered who worked there was really friendly and super helpful, the hotel is spotless and in a perfect location for the town centre, would not hesitate to recommend this place and would definitely stay there again !
Keep it up Premier Inn, the best budget chain if not the best hotel chain in the UK !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank dannyjcarr
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This hotel comprises of six floors and is situated about a 5 mins walk from Doncaster Station/Travel Interchange with the start of Doncaster Centre barely a couple of minutes away.
My room was clean, although the hallway could have benefited from a vacuum, and up to expected Premier Inn standards.
I found the staff to be helpful, friendly and chatty.
I can't comment on the restaurant as I ate out.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo