Premier Inn Doncaster Central (High Fishergate) Hotel
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Excellent ;-)”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

My Partner & I spent the night here Sunday 26th February, as we were wanting to have a quiet meal & drink in Doncaster without the hassle of driving or getting a taxi home. The hotel staff were excellent, really friendly and very helpful. Our intention was to find a restaurant in town for a nice intimate meal, but having visited the Table Table bar in the hotel, we decided to stay and eat there. There were several wine offers on and a very enticing menu also with some very reasonable prices. It was a Sunday night so the restaurant was quiet and we chose our own table. The food was fabulous! We had a shared starter that was LARGER then we expected. I had duck in plumb sauce, which was so tender it just fell apart. My partner had the mixed grill which was also LARGE and the meat was cooked to perfection. The waiting staff & bar staff were very pleasant and nothing seemed to be to much trouble. The atmosphere was very relaxing & intimate. Our meal cost £62 for the 2 of us, and this included 2 nice bottles of wine, a shared starter, and 2 main meals plus 2 liqueur coffee's. We had a super evening & felt really relaxed after our visit. The bed was comfy and the room very clean. The only thing missing was an iron in the room, but this may be available on request. We would definitely stay at the hotel & visit the restaurant again. EXCELLENT AAAAAA+++++++++++

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor, where there are 2 lifts available so not much walking really. There was ve...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank funkythreads2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Hull united kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We have stayed at the above hotel several times now and all i can say is it is one of the best hotels my wife and myself have stayed in for a long time, the rooms are clean bright and airy,comfortable, the staff are friendly and courtious and helpful,the food is exelent and very good value for money,

Room Tip: all the rooms on all floors are ok even the ones on the front near the road, no noise at a...
1 Thank Norman L
Leek, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2012

we stayed here on the 11th feb.a break for me and hubby away from our children for the night.very good location,good parking.very comfy beds,room nice & clean and warm.we ate in the resturant.very nice food and the waitress lauran was very nice and hard working and a nice smile :-)we had breakfast in the morning and also very good.me and hubby would stay here again and bring the children with us.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank silktray
hagley
Reviewed February 19, 2012

There were 6 of us stay at Doncaster High Fishergate 17,18,19th February. It was our first try at Premier Inn, we usually use, The Hilton or De Vere Hotels but we have been pleasantly surprised at the standard of this hotel.
The staff are brilliant, friendly polite and helpful. The rooms, although basic are very adequate, clean and comfy. The food piping hot, lots of choice and served always with a smile. We paid £19 per night and all I can say is a very big thankyou to you all. We will be using Premier Inn again for sure.
The reason we stayed in Doncaster was my daughter in law wanted to find her birth place which was about 100 miles from where we stayed. She found her old house and some remaining family members, so all in all a fabulous weekend.

Room Tip: I think they are much of a muchness but I am sure that would accomodate you whatever you want.
Reviewed February 7, 2012

We celebrated our Father in Laws 70th Birthday here on Saturday night. There were 12 adults and 5 children in our party; the staff arranged for us to have a separate area with seating appropriate for both the adults and the children; colouring activities, balloons and birthday banners added to the atmosphere. Food was delicious and very reasonably priced. The rooms were clean and comfortable. This was our second visit to the hotel and my 3.5 year old daughter was delighted that the staff remembered her. The customer service throughout our stay was exceptional, thanks to Ruth and her team, we shall return.

Room Tip: We had a wonderful view of the Minster however, those who sleep lightly may prefer a room at the bac...
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I spoke with staff prior to arriving at the hotel to inform them of my coeliac disease & what i need to do for a trouble free stay. The Kitchen manager went through the menu with me, checked against the dietary information book & reassured me that i'd be catered for. He told us the names of staff we could speak to on arrival & generally made me feel at ease about my stay.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less noisew from the air conditioning unit
1 Thank sheila m
UK
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I can't fault the hotel and restaurant. The staff were incredible, nothing was too much trouble and they ALL took great pride in making our weekend at the hotel special for us.
The rooms were clean, comfortable, spacious and warm. Sleep quality was perfect.
The food wad excellent, we had a buffet style meal and every item I ate had it's own distict flavour and perfectly cooked and presented.
I would strongly recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Car park directly opposite the hotel is free from 6pm on Saturday until Monday morning.