“Great for airport departure”

Ramada Encore Doncaster Airport
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed overnight before flying out from Doncaster airport and had booked a hotel overnight stay/ leave the car at the hotel
Great value for money.
Walked from the hotel to the airport.I have children and this was no problem as they are 12 and 14 so they could wheel there own cases.

• Stayed: August 2013
ClareTids, Deputy General Manager at Ramada Encore Doncaster Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear vickamberluke,

I'm so pleased to hear your enjoyed your stay with us and very much appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We are very proud of our hard working team and we continue to look for new ways to improve our service for our guests. We do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have stayed in at least 100 hotels in my life so far, and I can honestly say that the beds at Ramada Encore Doncaster are by far, the hardest and most uncomfortable beds I've ever slept in. I don't even think they are technically "beds" anyways as the size was rather off (seemed small) and the mattress (if you can even call it that) had the feeling and appearance of some sort of seat cushion. It just looked like a very cheap bed overall.

I cannot stress enough how bad these beds are. If Ramada Encore Doncaster would have invested in better beds, my rating of the hotel would have gone from "poor" to "very good", given that I found all other aspects of the hotel to be pretty decent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear RFV85

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and I do apologise for any issues you encountered. Our staff take all feedback very seriously and we will certainly ensure that the points you have mentioned are raised with the relevant departments to ensure we work to improve our guest experience. If you would like to discuss your feedback with me personally I would ask that you contact the hotel directly. I do hope you will accept our apologies once again.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We booked months in advance as a group of friends when visiting the races. Everything was OK until the day before when contacted by the hotel saying they had double booked about ten rooms and would we mind being moved hotels...cue lots of frantic texting and ringing of friends to see what they were doing etc (it was no good one of us agreeing if the others were staying put). We then agreed after being promised a taxi to the races from the new hotel as a gratuity for the trouble. Happy days, friends texted, new hotel confirmed. However, an hour later I got a call saying it didn't matter after all and that we were back at the Ramada. I made it clear I wasn't happy so they agreed to honour the offer of a free taxi. Happy days once more.

However, on getting to the hotel I found the check in process a little unfriendly. After standing there a while whilst the two receptionists were clicking about on their computers I was finally able to make eye contact and introduce myself, saying I had booked a room etc. They both then carried on clicking and I was a bit unsure what was going on, then one of them finally gave me the keycard and said the lift was over there...OK, I thought. The room itself was situated right above the doors to the main entrance, not good, what with all the late night and early morning coming and going, as well as what seemed like every other resident and employee of the hotel standing outside having a fag a some point, making my room stink of smoke and forcing me to listen to their small talk. The room itself, like the corridors, looked smart at first glance, but close up walls are scuffed, paint chipped and generally all a bit tired and in need of refreshment. A friend I was with seemed to have a nicer room in fairness, but another friend complained immediately as their room stank of smoke when they got there. I don't think I or we would stay there again!

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not above the main entrance!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
ClareTids, General Manager at Ramada Encore Doncaster Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for your review. Our main objective the Ramada Encore Doncaster Airport is to provide our guests with a comfortable nights stay and deliver a high level of service. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this.

I am particularly alarmed to read your comments in regards to our reception team and please be assured that I have spoken to them in regards to their "service skills" that you encountered as this is not acceptable in anyway.

In regards to the overbooking levels the day prior to your arrival we had a slight maintenance issue that we thought would result in some rooms been placed out or order but this was rectified. I have spoken to the team who were perhaps slightly too proactive in calling you the day prior!

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Went to a Rocky Horror evening. The food was terrible and the entertainment was worse. The room was clean but the bathroom smelt stale. The drinks were vastly over priced. Breakfast was cold as well. Staff were nice. Terrible Murder Mystery evening

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Michcam35

Dear Michcam35,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here with us, please accept our deepest apologies for the experiences that you encountered whilst staying here with us at the Ramada Encore Doncaster. Our aim is not only to meet but to exceed our guests expectations but having read your review I can only assume that this is not the case to which I can only apologies.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you would like to discuss your experiences further, you can contact my on 01302 718 520.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed overnight both on departing to and arriving from our holiday. A really good hotel ,very close to the airport .A short walk away but pleased it wasn't raining. The staff are very friendly, the hotel is modern and clean.The food in the restaurant was very good ,the steak one of the best i have had for a while. Also avery good breakfast choice. Will definitely use Ramada hotels again .One word of warning the hotel is not easy to access from motorway as signs for Robin Hood disappear.( we had to stop twice for directions as we had no sat nav.) For our return journey home the hotel kindly ran off an a to b for us.

1  Thank irvSkelton

Dear irvSkelton,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here with us.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed both of your stays with us and we look forward to welcoming you back through our doors in the future.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very quiet and clean, air conditioned room. All in all faultless.

Though we didnt need it, it is an excellent location for airport if required and easily found just off the motorway network.

We shall stay here again and moreso should we wish to fly from Doncaster.

1  Thank Mel_and_Paul_09

Dear Mel_and_Paul_09,

Reviewed July 24, 2013

this hotel is within a good distance for Doncaster ~(robin hood) airport its approx 5 - 10 min walk with cases.

The hotel is easy to loacte and park and is very modern looking, the checkin was easy and swift and the rooms were large airy and nice.

when we arrived at approx 08.05pm we asked what time they served food till, the reply was 10pm.
Perfect we thought so dropped bags in room and came back down approx 08.20pm, my husband whent to the bar to ask for menus and was told we could not order untill 08.50pm....not great as we wanted an early night as we had to be up at 03.15am.
08.50pm he went back to the bar and was given the menus.... after choosing from the very small choice and extremly costly (2 burger and chips £20) he went back to the bard to order, he was then told we could not order untill 09.15pm, as there is no where else near to eat we had to wait!!!
at 09.25pm they cam over and took our order and at 10.10pm we finally got our food.

Not the ealy night we had planned.

1  Thank natalie m