Ramada Encore Doncaster Airport
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
$46
Travelodge
All reviewsan early flightwet roomterminal buildinglaminate flooringthe sofa bedwalk in showermodern hotelnight staytea and coffee making facilitiescar parkplenty of parkingbooked this hotelstayed here for one nightreception areagood nights sleepexcellent value for moneysteak
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Well what can I say....... Really clean hotel. Great service. Rooms excellent. Nice food. Location brilliant and the car park at the hotel is secure and free if your staying at the hotel you just pull up to the electric barrier which lets you in on arrival then when you check in the friendly and helpful staff will give you the code to open the barrier on departure it couldn't be easier. The only negative I can possibly comment on is I'd say drinks and food are overpriced. At around £4 for a pint and a simple (but tasty) chicken with chips and salad at £14 it doesn't make for cheap dining although food is good but can't justify the prices currently being charged but other than that minor niggle absolutely brilliant. Will 100% be using this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel is excellent if you are travelling from Robin Hood Airport as it is only spitting distance from the airport and the car park is secure. After a 5 hour night flight I arrived at this hotel at 1am. I couldn't get into my room as the key to get in hadn't been correlated to the summertime hours (clocks were put back at the weekend). This happened to everyone who had arrived at the same time and caused a bit of chaos. The heating in the rooms cannot be tuned on until the keycard is inserted in the room therefore the room was freezing cold and unwelcoming but it heats up eventually. The bedding is nice and of good quality however the three large fresh bloodstains on the pillows was somewhat revolting. When I checked out I was met by a uninterested young woman on reception who didn't enquire if everything had been OK. The room is poky, clincal and practical but my advice would be to stay at the travelodge - which is warm, comfy, and whose staff are friendly and welcoming. I won't be staying here again or recommend this place unless you want to be right near the airport.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Food great
Good value
Gym nearby
Shops takeaway nearby
Great location for the airport
Great for doncaster races
Great bus links/ train links

• Stayed: March 2013
LisaS01, Front Office Manager at Ramada Encore Doncaster Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear valued guest,

I'm so pleased to hear your enjoyed your stay with us and very much appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel.

We are very proud of our hard working team and we continue to look for new ways to improve our service for our guests.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Front of House Manager
Dale Hough

Reviewed March 27, 2013

There is nothing actually wrong with the hotel it is clean and comfortable but it has no soul or character. The rooms are clean but basic with hard floors, the restaurant did not appeal for much the same reason so we ate out. I wouldn't not stay if in the area but would equally stay somewhere else if the price was right.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed at the Ramada Encore for one night before an early flight the following day from Doncaster Airport. It was easy to find, has a private car park (with barrier) and is an ideal location for the airport. Extremely pleasant girl on reception, asked all the right questions, e.g. will you require dinner (part of the menu is 24 hour) and do you want an early morning call, which we booked and received. Our room was of average size, no wardrobe but hanging space. The room also had a TV and kettle with ample tea and coffee. The bathroom was a wet room so no bath, just a shower. Minimal toiletries were provided such as a soap dispenser over sink and all over hair/shower gel dispenser in shower. Plenty of hot water and towels and in the room was a hair dryer. Our room had a view of the airport so we could see the planes just after they had taken off but couldn’t hear them. If I was to comment on a negative I would say I found the room to be cold and had to really yank up the heating to get it warm, but all in all I would definitely book this Hotel again when flying from Doncaster Airport.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple