“Great food”
Review of Safari Cafe

Safari Cafe
Ranked #10 of 54 Quick Bites in Doncaster
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great food in a relaxed environment. Very friendly staff who were able to deal with food intollerances without any questions. Reasonably priced for portion sizes.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (79)

Reviewed August 13, 2019

very nice full English breakfast, fantastic sausages nice bacon
service was prompt and friendly, the outside seating when weather is good is good

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 12, 2019

Have been coming here on a regular basis for the last couple of years and without doubt it has give downhill. The menu doesn’t appear to have changed much during this time either. Today I visited for lunch and ordered the superfood salad. It came a short while later and I can only describe it as a bowl of green leaves with one tomato and half a dozen pine nuts covered in oil. The price was £8.95.I was very disappointed to say the least. I took it back to the counter and told staff of my dissatisfaction. I was told that they would tell chef . Chef !!! I would be ashamed to call myself one if I was turning that kind of food out. They did refund me the cost of it which was appreciated but I would rather have had a lovely salad and not had to complain. To be honest the food has been average and expensive the last couple of times we have visited. I won’t be in a hurry to go back. Despite it being in the middle of lunch service, the place was empty. I can see why.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 30, 2019

When you are part of a captive audience you expect to pay more and true enough we did - about 25% over "normal pricing. Having said that the place itself is nice, good seating in and out, with an excellent choice of foods, snacks and drinks. Let's face it - when you have been walking round the park for 3-4 hours you need a pit stop - and this one works well.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 7, 2019

A pleasant place to have a drink and a meal before seeing the animals or afterwards/. A decent selection of food and drink.

Date of visit: September 2018