“My perfect wedding!”

Ranked #17 of 24 Doncaster B&B and Inns
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“My perfect wedding!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The staff at The Stables were out of this world...lovely, friendly people who made sure our day was the best it could be! The day flowed perfectly, which was all down to the professionalism and commitment of the staff. Our cannapes, bbq and breakfast were all to a very high standard and tasted delicious! We had lots of comments in our guest book about how beautiful the venue was, and about how amazing the food was! A fantastic day was had by all!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed here with my family over night as we were going to a party.the rooms are clean and adequate for your needs, the breakfast was lovely plenty to choose from good value for money the only negative is that because there was a wedding we were NOT aloud to use the bar I think this is terrible, and we were not told until we were in the bar area, they could have given us an alternative place to sit and the hotel is far from any pub so please bare this in mind but overal a nice stay

• Stayed August 2012
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My daughter had her wedding last week at the Stables, The venue was PERFECT, the staff were very helpfull, polite and more than happy to assist the party of guests. The food was excellent and the accomodation was very clean and comfortable. The setting is lovely and everyone had a wonderful time.We have no complaints and would definately recommed this venue to others.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
South Yorkshire
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I write this review as a guest at a wedding but I did not stay overnight.

The food was out of this world and the service and attention would have put some 5* hotels to shame. Guests with dietary requirements were dealt with carefully and each guest who needed a modified menu was spoken to individually. Children were catered for without any fuss or nonsense and I have to say this was one of the best weddings I have ever attended in terms of the overall experience.

The setting is quiet, peaceful and stunning and my observation on the occasion of the wedding i attended was that no detail was too much trouble.

Absolutely top marks to the chefs and the staff involved.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stayed at the Stables in Doncaster for a week in April 2012. I'm an IT contractor and always look for value and good sleep quality, everything else is less important. As other reviewers have pointed out, the Stables is actually part of a university and college campus and they offer room in the Old Hall building to the public. The buildings are charming and the room allocated for my 6 day stay was clean, spacious and well equipped. I paid the standard GBP 25 per night on a room only basis. I think this represents excellent value for money.

Sadly, it isn't all good; I really feel that independent guests are playing second fiddle to wedding guests. I think this is a shame and it cheapens the image of the campus. During my stay, there was very little food left in the restaurant/bar on the Thursday evening. As others have pointed out, guests are excluded from the bar when the hotel is hosting an event such as a wedding.

If you're looking for a cheap stay near Doncaster, this place is absolutely fine, but take your own food and drink. As the hotel is in a rural area, It wouldn't be ideal for those without access to a car.

Room Tip: There's a fair walk between the car park and the accommodation block. Bear this in mind if you...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Hull
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Attended a wedding function at the Stables which from the website looks like a great place ....and I suppose the function facilities are adequate ....but when you book for bed and breakfast you are directed to what is the student halls of residence at the next door college £60 for a double room in a student residence (i don't think so) ...the breakfast was very good chosen from a hot/cold self service area.....The bar prices are on the high side £3.50 for a pint of John Smiths Bitter???? ....I also ordered a pint of Guinness and the barman sidled to the other end of the bar and slyly poured the guinness from a can and then pretended to be getting it from the pump (why not just say there wasn't any draught guinness and offer an alternative) but I guess if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.....I would never go back there and definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone that I liked (even remotely)...I was there solely because of a wedding invite ....the wedding went very well (but then again weddings do tend to) ......

Room Tip: Find a decent hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Doncaster hotels

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Arrived after booking a double room that they only had 2 single rooms left. also found out that we could not go in the bar because there was a wedding on which we were not told about therefore meant we could get no food after a long journey! We had to book into another hotel i was that discusted.

• Stayed April 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doncaster
Best Western PLUS Pastures Hotel
Travelodge Doncaster Hotel
Travelodge Doncaster Hotel
#8 of 19 in Doncaster
Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North
Holiday Inn Express Doncaster
Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36

Been to The Stables Accommodation? Share your experiences!