“You get what you expect with a good family restaurant”

Premier Inn Dudley (Kingswinford) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Dudley
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“You get what you expect with a good family restaurant”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

As a family of 3 we stayed in a family room at this Premier Inn for one night before a wedding at a local hotel. It is the usual Premier Inn fare but is a little older than many and it is a little tired in places. However, the welcome was good and we were recommended to get into the restaurant ASAP as the receptionist knew that large parties were coming. That was great advice; more of that below.

Rooms are basic and we had a the first family room next to the lift lobby and fire door on the second floor. I never like being in such close proximity to the doors as it tends to be noisy but I was proved wrong as we were not bothered by noise at all. The room was very clean and bed linen very good. Perhaps some paint could have been touched up but the beds were comfy and freeview tv available. Bathroom also looks dated and the shower control fell off in my hand which is never good when you are shortsighted but hey, I can live with that, everywhere needs maintenance. A/C is NOT available and the room did get a little warm.

What was most annoying was regarding our request for an iron. We asked at arrival at 18:45. By 10:00 the next day we still didnt have one despite asking numerous times. On leaving I asked again and they did have one; seems they had been trying to deliver it to the wrong room. All they had to do was write the request down...

We chose to use the on site Beefeater for dinner just so our 3 year old could have something quick before bed. I was not expecting anything very good but I have to say I was very impressed with the service. The staff could not have done more for us; attentive, interested in our 3 year old, checking we had everything and very efficient. I was really happy. Food was pretty good too. It seems that chain are trying very hard; they also had reward cards and extra free points for us and tried to get us interested in visiting regularly with deals etc. To be honest this is not really for us but shows they are working hard.

Breakfast the next day was pretty good too; service good and swift (we were first though) with the only downside that the omlette was somewhat overcooked.

Overall for the money it was OK really. You know what you are getting and the restaurant worked out very well for us.

Room Tip: Try to request away from lobby areas
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Sutton Coldfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here to attend a friends birthday party. We have stopped in several Premier Inns before so we new what to expect. On checking in the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. My initial shock was been given a Yale key on a large key ring. I have not experienced that in years, every other hotel is key card which fit in thou pocket easily.

The hotel was clean but looked a bit tired. Looks like it is due an overhaul. The rooms are to the premier inn standard..

The view out off our room was not the best, I have enclosed a photo. It was a hot night so we opened the windows. To which there was an air duct system that kept coming on through out the night. This was loud but I must stress it could not be heard with the windows shut.

We did not have breakfast there as it was a heavy night. So we used the Mac Donalds next door for a coffee.

I would stop there again but I think the hotel needs a revamp.

PS the bar attached to it is very nice

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
North Warnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I grew up in Kingswinford for over 20 years, and a few years ago moved to Surrey. Me & my partner went back to kingswinford to visit family for a few days, and decided to say here for 2 nights. The room was great, the staff put us on a ground floor room as i am disabled which was very helpful. The room was very clean, and bright and great value for money. there is a beefeater next door, and a drive through Mc Donalds too. There is a main road outside, but this can't be heard at night when sleeping at all and the Beds was extremely comfortable as well. There is plenty of parking for visitors outside the premier inn too. The staff were amazing at this Premier Inn, couldn't have been more helpful; even when arriving extremely late on a friday evening. If your looking for a place to stay in Dudley go here.

Room Tip: I recommend a ground floor room quite, peaceful and you get a good nights sleep too.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stopped here Saturday 27th Sept, Went through booking in procedure was then asked to pay the required amount, i reached into my wallet produced said amount in cash and started to hand it over i was then told cant take cash unless i could produce photographic identity and proof of who i was, Pardon i said i am using the coin of the realm not a stolen credit card to which i was replied cant take you cash without photographic identification , i said so when was i told this or read it, Its in the terms and conditions i was told. WHAT A STUPID RIDICULOUS RULE I have never come across any thing so stupid. I was then asked my nationality , i am a white English male so i said why do you want to know, then some thing was mumbled about passport identification for non British etc another load of twaddle about rules. I want a nights B&B in your hotel , i am not trying to sneak into the country and hide out in a Premier Inn, Well we got the keys, Room clean bed , very comfortable breakfast very nice options Chef for the cooked breakfast is useless, under cooked hash browns pale, soggy and soaked in oil, were they were not added to hot fat to seal then crisp. bacon flash fried and still stuck together were the slices had been taken from the pack and not seperated to fry, scrambled egg dry and crumbly like styro foam. If they can sort out the cooking then a good breakfast would be had OK place to stop forget the cooked breakfast go to a cafe and get a big full english for half the price

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank STONESEARCHER
UK
Reviewed September 21, 2013

A quick stopover on business and the hotel has everything you need. Comfortable bed and hot shower and bath. Only issue was that the bathroom wasn't quite as clean as I expected, but the bath itself was, which is the main thing. Staff were superb - very welcoming and very, very helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter as they are away from the road
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Having stayed in a few of the Premier inns i knew what to expect but this one had good car parking and free and as a bonus was part of a Beefeater restaurant which is not a place we normally would dine in , the staff on reception were all polite and had us booked in and off to our room in no time , the room was as always clean, comfortable,large and everything working and in its place, wifi £3 for 24hrs. We were a party of 7 in 2 rooms next to each other 4 adults 2 children going to a local safari park 9.5 miles away and as we found out very convenient for traveling to it . We had a meal in the restaurant although we waited 45mins for the main course to arrive it was hot and cooked well . After a good nights sleep the breakfast was indeed what was advertised all you could eat and free for children , i can not find any fault with the service at the hotel or restaurant and for what we paid very good and we would definitely stay here again .

Room Tip: we were in 55 family room over looking the car park on the second floor it did have lift.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The amenities were basic, I suppose you paid for what you get. It is okay as a room to stay if you just want somewhere to sleep over. Car parking was very good, no problems getting somewhere to park at anytime.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dudley
Premier Inn Dudley Town Centre Hotel
Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley
Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley
Himley House Good Night Inn Hotel
The Quality Hotel Dudley
Premier Inn Stourbridge Town Centre Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Dudley (Kingswinford) Hotel? Share your experiences!