“wonderful stay”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Dudley
Llandudno, Conwy North Wales
“wonderful stay”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Very, very good . Very friendly staff. Room exceedingly comfortable and clean providing the best nights sleep for ages. I would say unbeatable at the price.
Make sure that you pre book dinner. We took a chance and discovered that they had stopped serving bar meals as they were so busy in the restaurant. Dinner was a shared packet of crisps which we preferred to eating in Mcdonalds which is also next door.
Breakfast however was fantastic.
Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
UK
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Thought we would give Beefeater a try as got a special promotion on of 50% off main meals at the weekend.
Firstly the promotion was misleading as found out at the restaurant that the discount was only applicable on main meals and not the whole bill. False Advertising in my view!
We were seated to our table fairly quickly, however had to wait over 30 minutes after ordering food before it arrived. To top it off we had to go and get our own drinks from the bar even though seated in the restaurant as staff very busy and didn't even check at our table or apologise for the delay or even notify us that there would be a wait.
Eventually when the food was on the table, our waitress did not check once during the meal if everything was okay.
Overall a very poor service in today's society and Beefeater has lost out as we will not be returning again in the future.
The only reason we went was because there was 50% off and quite frankly I would not have been happy paying full price, as the food is overpriced anyway.
Would not recommend as very poor service, over priced and def not good value for money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pimms29
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Dudley (Kingswinford) Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn our main objective remains to deliver a high level of customer service in all our establishments. We apologise for the service you experienced at our hotel.

Your comments have been noted and will be duly investigated by both Head Office and the Management Team at our hotel.

Please be assured at Premier Inn we take the service provided to all our guests very seriously and your feedback will be duly followed up.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay we do hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Social Media Team,
Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

What a good break hotel easy to find within easy reach of merry hill shopping centre and dudley zoo good family day out. We dined in the restaurant next door wonderful staff and wonderful meal. Well worth a trip.

Room Tip: No pool or fitness centre but not needed just relaxed all rooms are fab and only two floors - lift t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Newport Isle of Wight
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed for the one night as a "stopping" point on the way to North wales the room was lovely and clean beds very comfortable, Staff very friendly No complaints at all. We had both our evening meal and the breakfast in the Beefeater restaurant again staff again welcoming and the food really nice, The children really enjoyed themselves Certainly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stopped staying in Travel Lodges because of issues with mold in the bathroom etc. I have never exprienced this type of cleanliness problem in a Premier Inn until now. To the Inn's credit when I complained they changed our room and the second room was fine. But I should not have to complain to get a mold free stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Dudley (Kingswinford) Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your review.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the quality of the food received.

Please be assured that your comments have been noted and will be duly followed up by our Customer Services Team and the Management team at the hotel.

Once again thank you for your review we do hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was on business in Wolverhampton and booked this accommodation as it was near to my client and has good running routes nearby. The accommodation was fine accept for my bath which was covered in what appeared to be dried spit which had turned brown (yuk). I had to clean this with the shower head and toilet roll.

The Premier inn receptionist Claire was very helpful which is more than I can say for the Beefeater restaurant manager Lisa [--], who refused to compromise on the meal deal I had purchased for £22. The meal deal allows you to have a small glass of house red or white wine, I asked to have a large glass of red wine and add the difference myself in cash. She refused point blank and offered me a pint of Carling instead, I asked for a pint of Stella as I cannot drink Carling (and offered to pay the 45p difference) Lisa again refused point blank. I asked her if she ever compromised on the meal deal and offered the customers what she wants and Lisa replied 'No'. Apparently this is due to stock keeping, but she is the stock manager as well!

I was very disappointed with the restaurant manger as I travel all over the UK and have never been refused point blank by any of the managers at premier inn or Beefeater. It seems if you purchase a meal deal voucher here for £22 you are treated like a 2nd class citizen. A very disappointing start to my stay and on the reputation of Premier inn. I am just glad the rest of the UK Premier Inns are more friendly and flexible.

Darren O'Brien

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants.

We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by Customer Services and the Management Team at this hotel.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Social Media Team,

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.
Derbyshire
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed here the night before my wedding with my family and friends. The rooms were clean, tidy and comfortable. The lady on reception was lovely, very helpful. She helped my dad with his buttonhole and fetched us drinks from the bar. She helped calm my nerves on the morning of tthe wedding!

Wouldcdefinitely recommend!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dudley
Travelodge Birmingham Kingswinford
Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley
Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley
The Quality Hotel Dudley
Himley House Good Night Inn Hotel
The Mount Hotel
The Mount Hotel
#2 of 21 in Wolverhampton

Been to Premier Inn Dudley (Kingswinford) Hotel? Share your experiences!