“Everything you need” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Dudley
yorkshire, UK
“Everything you need”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We visited the village as a result of an internet offer for BB. We noticed that there were some bad reviews but in all honesty they are largely unfounded. The rooms were adequate and well equipt but maybe could do with redecorating but the leisure facilities were exellent as were the staff. We also ate the three course 2 for £29.95 in the restraunt and for the money it is good value. Breakfast was also good. As an all round package for leas than £40 inc free parking this was exellent value for money. I have rated as v good as the next down as average and this was
better than that.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We booked a boogie nights for my niece's 40th which was excellent. Hotel staff were friendly, food in bar was excellent. Room cleanliness wasn't brilliant found a hairbrush under pull out sofa and pubic hairs in bath. Bathroom needed upgrading but overall we had a great weekend

Room Tip: Family room pull out sofa bed was uncomfortable and sagged in the middle but double bed was good
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
dleeh456, Front Office Manager at Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you for posting about your experience, I am glad you party had a good time. I will pass on your comments to the staff, they will greatly appreciate it.

I will personally follow up with the Head Housekeeper about the cleanliness issues.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night at Village Dudley, hotel was pleasant and staff were friendly.This was our second visit to a village and the experience is pretty much the same across the brand.
We found the swimming pool and changing rooms were clean and facilities very good .
The on site pub was friendly but drinks & food a little over priced so we decided to head to the nearby restaurants Frankie & Bennys & Chiquitos.
We were disappointed in the room as it was particularly small and over looked a flat roof.It was incredibly hot in this room and even with the windows open we found it too warm.The bathroom was pretty standard but no toiletries as apparently you only get these with the upper deck upgrade?! we found our bed to be comfortable but we could hear people from above and either side as well as the noise of a generator .
we found breakfast to be very good and definitely worth the extra £5 each.
All in all a pleasant stay ,but the road next to the village is very busy and although we was not expecting picture views in Dudley we were not impressed at having a stuffy small room overlooking a flat roof (particularly as I had emailed ahead advising this was a treat for a special occasion)

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Good evening Donna,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your stay at the Village Urban Resort Dudley. I really appreciate your comments about the staff & facilities.

I am sorry about the view from your room & the road & generator noise, I would highly recommend the UpperDeck rooms during your next say, if you are looking to stay again, please contact me by emailing Katherine.jeffries@village-hotels.com and I will ensure a nice quiet room with a much preferable view is allocated.

Widnes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Firstly all the bad reviews on here! All rubbish!

My partner and I stayed in this hotel for our anniversary, 18th to the 20th October.
I was worried at first after reading all these reviews ( which I will never take notice of again!)

The staff couldn't of been any More helpful! very welcoming and friendly! The room was lovely we stayed in an upper decker room which was perfect, we had the full sky package with all movies! Everything was clean and well maintained. Bathroom was lovely and clean with a great shower and bath!

We had just settled in our room and the staff knocked to make sure we were happy with everything and gave us a lovely gift, bottle of wine in Ice bucket!! Was lovely Thank you!!

The restraunt was also lovely great food and very filling we paid £30 for oth of us to have 3 course meals there were great well worth the money, The breakfast choices were great lots and lots to choose from! very very feeling. The entertainment in the bar was great! The pool was also lovely with steam room, sauna ans jacuzzis, changing rooms were well maintained and clean.

In a great location busy but excellent for going to places! 5 min walk to castle gate business park.. Which has a huge cinemas, bowling alley, Nando's, Pizza Hut, And lots more restraunts and pubs! Close to Warwick Castle which was the view from our room! And 10 min drive form a massive shopping place called Merry Hill shopping centre (Fab)

The only thing that didnt go so well was, the fire alarm went off during our drinks and watching entertainment and it was pouring down outside. But that was not there fault, they were very quick getting everyone out the Building and back in again! To carry on with entertainment and drinking.

We had an excellent time and they made our anniversary very special! And all the staff were great that served and spoke to us! Thank you very much! We will defiantly be returning. :) Vanessa & Sam.

Room Tip: Upper decker rooms! They are great.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Vanessa & Sam,

Thank you so much for your kind words, it means the world to us. I will share your feedback with the team.

I am so glad you had a fantastic anniversary.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are nice, although no overhead lights just lamps, no shampoo or shower gel and only a few tv channels. The bed was comfortable and the bar was nice. We went as a group and the staff were very accommodating with one of our high maintenance friends and let us have rooms next to each other which was good.

The spa was lovely, although strange that you have manicures with all swimming and fitness guests walking past which can be distracting. The beauty therapist, Alison was amazing and very friendly. She put me at ease at once and spent a long time making sure I was happy.

The restaurant was so awful I don't know where to start. The menu was divided into two VIP and normal and you can't mix and match them which was annoying. The first course took 45 mins to come out and when my friend and I cut into the chicken strips they were raw. Now I'm usually very calm but am currently under the Gp for ongoing tests so raw chicken could have made me extremely ill which is why I got very angry when I realised the chicken I'd already bitten into was completely raw in the middle. I then had to wait another 15 minutes for what was obviously frozen chicken that had little flavour. My main was the burger and again nothing special, just tasted like frozen burgers with no sauce in at all. We had to ask for sauces which came out at the end and tasted cheap.

Overall, staff are helpful, friendly and keen to make your stay nice but food and restaurant in particular let the experience down significantly.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay at the Village Urban Resort Dudley.

I am glad your experience with the rooms & the staff were good, I am thrilled to hear about your experience with Alison, I will be sure to share your feedback.

I have personally followed with our Head Chef & Restaurant Manager regarding your meal, if you would like to discuss this with me further, please don’t hesitate to contact me via email on Katherine.jeffries@village-hotels.com.

Shere, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

If you like free, reliable, and reasonably fast wifi. If you like a big swimming pool. If you like Starbucks. If you like clean, well-furnished bedrooms where you can listen in on your neighbours conversations. If you like grey. If you like good, reasonably priced pub grub and a pint of real ale. If you like eating in the bar and grill because you would have to wait an hour to be fed in the restaurant, even as a resident. If you like friendly, bubbly but ill-informed staff. If you like a place where the email system and the telephony system crashes regularly. If you like not having any alternative eating or drinking places to walk out to. If you like a busy, noisy dual carriageway to listen to in the night. If you're trying to score with your secretary on a Friday night.

Room Tip: I hear the Premier Inn is better....
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Middleman499519
Thank you for contacting the Village Urban Resort Dudley with your feedback,

Would you be so kind as to contact me via email at katherine.jeffries@village-hotels.com to discuss this further.

Katherine Jeffries

Travelers are raving about these Dudley hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

After reading some reviews was pleasantly surprised.Polite and helpful staff. Good facilities. Excellent breakfast.Rooms were clean, tidy, adequate. Nothing to suggest they were dirty or run down as some suggest. Did not use swimming pool facilities but looked excellent.
Bar prices slightly expensive but as expected for a hotel. Stayed on a Sunday overnight. Accommodation B&B with car parking was reasonably priced and as such chose this in preference to the Premier Inn nearby.
Football on Sky Sports and evening entertainment provided in the form of a quiz. Maybe not everyone's choice but at least they made the effort to provide something. Overall satisfied and would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 777Alan
Thank you for contacting the Village Urban Resort Dudley with your feedback,

I am glad you had an enjoyable experience during your stay. I will pass on your comments to the staff, they will greatly appreciate it.

Katherine Jeffries
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dudley
Premier Inn Dudley Town Centre Hotel
Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley
Village Hotel Birmingham Walsall
The Quality Hotel Dudley
Station Hotel
Station Hotel
#5 of 6 in Dudley
Premier Inn Dudley (Kingswinford) Hotel

Been to Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley? Share your experiences!