The rooms are nice, although no overhead lights just lamps, no shampoo or shower gel and only a few tv channels. The bed was comfortable and the bar was nice. We went as a group and the staff were very accommodating with one of our high maintenance friends and let us have rooms next to each other which was good.
The spa was lovely, although strange that you have manicures with all swimming and fitness guests walking past which can be distracting. The beauty therapist, Alison was amazing and very friendly. She put me at ease at once and spent a long time making sure I was happy.
The restaurant was so awful I don't know where to start. The menu was divided into two VIP and normal and you can't mix and match them which was annoying. The first course took 45 mins to come out and when my friend and I cut into the chicken strips they were raw. Now I'm usually very calm but am currently under the Gp for ongoing tests so raw chicken could have made me extremely ill which is why I got very angry when I realised the chicken I'd already bitten into was completely raw in the middle. I then had to wait another 15 minutes for what was obviously frozen chicken that had little flavour. My main was the burger and again nothing special, just tasted like frozen burgers with no sauce in at all. We had to ask for sauces which came out at the end and tasted cheap.
Overall, staff are helpful, friendly and keen to make your stay nice but food and restaurant in particular let the experience down significantly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley is situated on the A461, near to Dudley Centre and close to lots of attractions. The children will love the animals at Dudley Zoo. Everyone will enjoy a trip to the massive new Bullring Shopping Mall in the centre of Birmingham. You can also enjoy a stroll along Birmingham's canals and walkways, or visit the world renowned Ironbridge Living Museum. Within a short distance the unique Half Penny Green Vineyard is open to visitors. Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley has 124 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Squash Court, 25 metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Hotel And Leisure Dudley
- Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley United Kingdom