“One over night stay”

Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Dudley
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed hear 31/08/2013 . The room was big enough for a family of four the bedroom was clean but the bathroom was abit dirty with paint peeling off the ceiling . The pool was also clean and tidy considering the amount of people there . There was a wedding on when we stayed and the place was still quiet , man on the desk was very helpful

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jogav H
dleeh456, Front Office Manager at Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

We really appreciate the feedback, it will mean a lot to Karl on the desk.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley

Reviewed August 31, 2013

we went to the village for a wedding night, it was a beautiful place no mistake but the drinks are by far too expensive especially for where it is. it cost far to much just for pop so if you like a proper drink be aware of the prices for sure. there was nothing wrong with the venue but you need an overdraft to pay for anything if you like a drink.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the lovely comments regarding the Village Urban Resort Dudley as a hotel venue, if you would like to discuss the cost of the beverages with our Restaurant & Bars Manager, you are more then welcome to do so by emailing steve.dear@village-hotels.com.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I got married at the Village 2 years ago. The staff were amazing all the way from first booking it until the big day was over. The prepared exactly what we asked for and helped with some food that we had to have due to guests having allergies. I have since stayed at this hotel a few more times and again had a great time. The restaurant is a bit pricey but that is the only negative thing. The pool is great and the bar. The rooms have always been clean, tidy and well maintained.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind comments, it means the world to us.

I am glad you keep returning to the Village Urban Resort Dudley, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed for a night with work and I had one of the worst nights I have ever endured in a hotel. THE NOISE!!! I stayed in the 1st floor facing the car park and there was no noise from there, it came from the A461 that was on the same level as my room and the noise was incessant! I was kept awake all night and due to the high temperature this month the window was left open, no air-con. I closed the window and it made no difference at all. Added to the mix was the dog that was barking hourly in the houses that are in an elevated position above the road where all the traffic noise came from. Not a great experience. However, there was a chance for the hotel to redeem the situation as due to work commitments, I had a pre-booked/paid further visit a few days later. I told the guy on reception as I was leaving the first night that I had a rubbish night - he did ask after all - and he was most apologetic and when I informed of my impending visit he said I would be looked after. Mmm?

So I arrived the next visit today and turned up really late and was met at reception with the usual friendly response but when I related my previous experience it was met with a stony stare, there was no commentary from the previous week and I was informed I was on the second floor and I was promised it was certainly quieter.

I was not taking any chances so I opted for a much touted Upper Deck room that is located in an annex which as I found out when I opened the door was even closer to the dreaded A461. Luckily the floor plan meant the window was facing away from the road so the subsequent road noise was nowhere near as bad. Hey, I even had a distant view of the West Bromwich footy ground, although to be honest I only twigged that as the floodlights were on due to an obscure match taking place.

So the Upper Deck room was a little better than the one I had the previous week but being a bloke the mountain of cushions on the bed was lost on me. It did not make it any more comfortable, so it begs the question, why? The coffee choice was supposedly a better choice, Starbucks, but the end result in any case is you end up with a cup of hot brown liquid that is a close to coffee as I actually was to the aforementioned West Brom footy ground.

The only redeeming feature is the food in the "Victory" branded pub was pretty reasonable. Decent burgers and a decent pint of Pedigree ale and the set up is very blokey so appeals to my sense of wellbeing so saved the day.

Overall not a great experience, another issue with the Village experience is they are very much driven by the on site gym, so the aroma of sweaty trainer is more or less piped through the reception area. The ambience is one of shabbiness and I thought there was a distinct lack of interest in me as a customer in respect of the points I raised. Maybe because I was on a work paid for gig, who knows but that is at the peril of the company as I will certainly steer my colleagues away should they need to stay over.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the main road or overlooking Tesco. I know a terrible description but the ro...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank davidge
dleeh456, Front Office Manager at Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding you resent stay at Village Urban Resort Dudley, I am sorry to hear about the noise from the traffic during your first stay and the uncomfortable temperature. I am glad the UpperDeck room was an improvement.

I sincerely apologise you felt that there was a distinct lack of interest from the hotel side in respect of the points I raised at any point, if you would like to discuss this further, please contact me by emailing Katherine.jeffries@village-hotels.com.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Used as a overnight stop for a Saturday night. Room was tired and a little stuffy coupled with a bathroom in need of refurbishment. However you get what you pay for and we got a good deal so no real complaint. Breakfast was good and plentiful, but you need to get your timing right on a Sunday morning - queue was growing as we left the restraunt.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback regarding you resent stay at Village Urban Resort Dudley, I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable breakfast, I can appreciate it gets rather busy at certain times on a Sunday morning.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed here as we were going to the nearby zoo, The hotel was good, looking like 2 other Villages I have stayed in before in reception and public areas. The bar was OK, it smelled of stale ale though and was a little grubby. We only ate breakfast in the hotel though, electing to eat out in the evening. Breakfast was pretty good, although the bacon was a bit fatty and the scrambled eggs had been left on the buffet for a while.

The room itself was a bit disappointing though, it had everything we wanted but the bathroom was grubby and needed a clean, some of the flat surfaces hadn't been cleaned properly either and had marks.

A decent hotel, just needs a little more care.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
dleeh456, General Manager at Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Steven - Thank you for you comments and I am sorry that the bathroom was not as clean as it should have been, please accept my apologies. Your feedback has been shared with our housekeeping team for follow up. I have also passed your thoughts on the bacon to our company chef who is responsible for our product decisions. We thank you again for taking the time to provide a review.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Spent a lovely weekend attending a friends wedding, very comfortable rooms, the food was very good and all the staff were very pleasant and helpful. Just one drawback our room was at the rear of the hotel over the function room which was quite noisy from the disco and also the air con motors were going until early in the morning and again when we woke up, it was very hot in the room so we could not have the windows open because of the noise, so always ask for a quiet room (wherever that is)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your feedback and delihted to read the wedding you attended was a special day.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dudley
Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley
The Quality Hotel Dudley
Station Hotel
Station Hotel
#6 of 7 in Dudley
Village Hotel Birmingham Walsall
Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2
Travelodge Birmingham Kingswinford

Been to Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley? Share your experiences!