Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley
$41
$54
$40
Priceline
Travelodge Birmingham Kingswinford(Dudley)(Great Value!)
$46
Travelodge
$67
Travelodge Dudley Town Centre(Dudley)(Great Value!)
$43
$47
$46
$33
2,343 results
All reviewsclub roomblack country museumleisure facilitiessky tvthe vervespa treatmentsswimming poollovely hotelsteam roomone night staygymcinematescocarveryvenuebirmingham
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Having stayed in other Village Hotels expectations were for a great stay and although I've had much worse experiences at some other chains I have to say this is not the best of the Village properties, could do with a overhaul or at least a deep clean and the food was eatable it wasn't anything to shout about. On the plus side the location was good with a nice view of the Castle.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front of the Hotel if you want a view of the Castle
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
dleeh456, Manager at Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Chris E

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with VILLAGE Dudley, as we are one of the older buildings in the brand we are maybe not as shiny as the new builds, that said, its great to hear that you feel we are better than the competition.

If you would like to email me directly with your comments that would be great.

Best Regards

Reviewed May 2, 2013

A good quality 'business' hotel. Well positioned for my business in Dudley. The hotel was quiet and comfortable. The only quibble was the heat in the room (too much) and the chair which was so uncomfortable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
dleeh456, Manager at Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Steve M

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as one of our many corporate guests. I hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed here on 28th April for a mini spa break. Checked into the hotel then made our way down to the spa. First impression was that it seemed quite unorganised and noone seemed to know how to check us in. Once we was eventually sorted we was left sitting there while a member of staff announced loud and proud how she had had an argument with a manager earlier in the day which we found quite unprofessional. When we was called through we had been booked in for separate treatments even though we had booked the treatments to be together in one room. When asking the member of staff about what had been booked she became quite rude and argumentative, which then made us not even want the treatments. We have been to many spas before and this is one I wouldn't recommend in the slightest. Besides the bad service and manners at the spa the rest of the staff were lovely. The gym's a very good size and the pool is nice and clean. The rooms are a decent size, clean and fairly up to date. The hotels in a very good location, there's alot of pubs and restaurants close by however you do get a bit of noise from the main road. I would stay at urban village again but maybe try a different one where the staff are hopefully professional and not rude.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Shell9h

It is very disappointing to read your comments about the staff in the spa, I would very much like to speak with you regarding this as it is unusual for our staff to be unprofessional, as you said yourself, the rest of your experience was great.

Could you email me directly, I would like to resolve your concerns.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 4 times over the past year for business. We picked this hotel due to its excellent location with plenty of restaurants nearby. Also, the facilities, particularly the gym, are excellent, and staff are very friendly.
However, the hotel could be cleaner. This was particularly noticed at breakfast, where the plates, glasses and cutlery were not very clean almost every morning over the four weeks. Also the bathroom floor was full of hair when i arrived, my colleague's towels were covered in someone else's make up and her bed throw had large, suspicious looking white strains on it. The walls have water stains on them also.
On our most recent visit, we got upgraded to newer rooms and they were great and much cleaner.
Now to the coffee at breakfast: this was just dreadful. It did not taste like coffee at all, and it was not freshly brewed! As coffee drinkers, particularly before a long day at work, we therefore had to buy coffees every morning from the overpriced starbucks in the hotel, like most other guests.
The hotel has a lot of potential to be a great hotel if it was cleaner and they served normal coffee (not tar!) at breakfast.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Katharina K

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad that you enjoy the facilites here at the hotel, however Im concerned that you mentioned the lack of cleanliness, we do usuallt have very good standards, whilst we would all agree that things cannot be prefect all of the time, we have procedures and standards in place to make sure that the hotel is looking its best. I will discus your concerns with the housekeeping department to ensure these are resolved.

In the mean time if you would like to advise me of your next stay I wll arrange a complimentary Upper Deck upgrade for you.

Kind regards

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Went on a spa day package on the 26th April 2013 for my moms 60th and would like to say the receptionist Michelle was so lovely and so helpful she's a credit to the village hotel, the therapists were fab and did a great job of relaxing us and making us feel chilled out, would like to say a massive thank u to all for a fab day and will definitely be back soon. Kelly, Christine and sue :-))

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Kelgas

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent spa experience here at VILLAGE Dudley, it is fantastic to hear how the team, especially Michelle impacted on your day.

I hope to welcome you back V. Soon