I booked this hotel for business as i had an early meeting locally the following day. Booked direct through the Hotel's website for a 'standard room'. Upon arrival i checked into room 101 and immediately could see through the 'veneer' of the website's sales pitch. The furniture, carpets and curtains are very nice and contemporary but beneath this veneer everything is very very cheap, dirty and below the standard that the price suggests.... The window's are old fashioned wooden frames which are badly decayed and full of condensation and mould. The bathroom tiles have simply been applied directly over the old tiles from the hotels previous life as a travel shed/hut/garage etc (Please see attached pics).
Most surprisingly there are NO TOILETRIES! NONE AT ALL! NOTHING! Not even a solitary cotton bud, bar of soap, or 2ml bottle of cheap shampoo. All you get is 1 threadbare towel, dirty windows and a view of a gutter flooded with fag butts, not nice.....
Contacted reception, duty manager appeared 5 minutes later, apologised profusely, within another 5 minutes his colleague appeared to take me to my upgraded room. The 'Superior room' was everything that the website promised, clean, proper double glazed windows, air conditioning etc, VERY NICE.
My conclusion? Book a standard room and you will be given a below standard room. Complain and you will be upgraded to a nice clean Superior room. A classic bait and switch operation, sadly more transparent than their windows....
Please see attached pictures of the first, ironically named, room 101!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley is situated on the A461, near to Dudley Centre and close to lots of attractions. The children will love the animals at Dudley Zoo. Everyone will enjoy a trip to the massive new Bullring Shopping Mall in the centre of Birmingham. You can also enjoy a stroll along Birmingham's canals and walkways, or visit the world renowned Ironbridge Living Museum. Within a short distance the unique Half Penny Green Vineyard is open to visitors. Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley has 124 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Squash Court, 25 metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Hotel And Leisure Dudley
- Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley United Kingdom