“Mmm delightful”

Ann's Thai
Ranked #8 of 157 Restaurants in Dudley
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Welcomes to mini Thailand. The bulls head in bilston street,sedgley is a traditional English pub. Come along and try our selection of real Ales (as approved by Camra) and dine in our authentic Thai Restaurant (Awarded 2014certificate of Excellence on tripadvisor) Whether you looking for a drink or a meal - or indeed both - then you can be assured of awarm welcome at the bull's head and Ann's Thai Restaurant. Beer-gardens and Free parking at the back of the pub . We hope to see you soon..
Rye
“Mmm delightful”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I am sitting here eating one night later a takeaway of padkapow a dish I asked for last night, not only is it the best I have had for a very long time,but feel the need now to say what a fabulously delightful little restaurant.
Hidden away at the back of a very locals bar in Dudley seeking a place to go on a date within her local area, looked on google and then trip advisor, have to so seriously agree with all previous reviews, find the owner staff and foods the best yet.
This is what tv should cover and show to all, a truly hidden little gem.
I just hope that by writing this they don't get too swamped by you lot, but tell you I will
It's fab try it
Yum yum
Thank you and will keep you always in my back pocket if ever in Dudley again
Jules xx

1 Thank Julian B

Kinver
“Bostin Date Night at Ann'sThai”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Just spent a very enjoyable evening at Ann's Thai at the back of The Bulls Head. Very special food which is tasty and tailored to your choice. We shared a Platter for starters which was very succulent and varied, main we had curry which they cooked to our specification i.e. if you want it hotter they add more chilli. Flavours were very subtle and the contrast of sweet (coconut and peanut) with hot (chilli) is what Thai food is all about. Service was really good Ann had time for you and I noticed she was talking to everyone who were eating there. If you go before 7 pm the Early Bird is starter and main for £ 10 VFM !!! Finally the beer is Holdens enough said a pint of golden glow and a small bottle of red wine was a fiver ! Definately going back and will let my friends know

1 Thank KinverElizabeth
glos
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Cannot fault the food, and the value for money was excellent. The early bird meal was 2 courses for £10 per person.
We could pick any starter and main (including mixed starter)
The drinks were reasonable. You must pay cash for the drinks at the bar.
The staff were Thai and very nice.
The setting is not ideal, a little intimidating walking through the locals in the pub!
And we had to park in a dark car park at the back of the pub.

Midlands, UK
“Hidden little gem”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Was a bit wary when my friend mentioned going here, would never think to go in the back of a pub for Thai food, but I had absolutely nothing to worry about!
The food was amazing and tasted so good and authentic. From 4.30 to 7 I think, you can have a starter and main with a rice dish for £10. Great value. Slightly longer wait for the food to come but it was well worth it! Will definitely recommend it to others!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank smileysmiler89
London, United Kingdom
“A piece of Thailand in little old Sedgley”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

You'd never expect the quality of the food or standard of service from how this gem is tucked away at the back of the Bulls Head.

The food is always gorgeous, I have been here many a time with my family and it never fails to impress. We almost always go for a set menu, but what is great about it is that they change the set menu up enough so as every time we visit (once every 3 months or so) it has changed, giving us a chance to experience different things on the menu.

Saying that, the mixed starter is almost always on there, but there's a fantastic selection.

The sweet and sour chicken/pork/fish is the best I have ever had, and it will put any other sweet and sour you have after it to shame. Pad thai is wonderful, and so is the stir fried veg.

The service is wonderful, friendly and quick, and since the drinks are served from the pub they too are at a reasonable price.

I'd recommend anyone to go here who hasn't yet, however take cash just in case since last time I went the card reader wasn't working. Also, it's probably best to ring up and book in advance since some nights it's heaving and others it can be dead.

• Visited August 2013