The Quality Hotel Dudley
$56
$44
$37
Agoda.com
Travelodge Birmingham Kingswinford(Dudley)(Great Value!)
$48
$75
$75
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Dudley Town Centre(Dudley)(Great Value!)
$46
$76
$98
$81
Travelocity
All reviewsthe black country museumwedding receptionflat screen tvcleaning staffcurryfull english breakfastvenuecinemafunction
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Call me old fashioned but broken windows, graffiti, blood stained sheets and chewing gum on the furniture just isn't for me.

Was forced to stay here after being overbooked at the village over the road. I'd never normally stay here but was with a group of work colleagues and needed the convenience.

I was checked in by a very polite receptionist but my first impressions weren't great. Very 'Alan Partridge' and stuck in the 80's, the whole hotel needs gutting............hence the £40 room rate.

The rooms are adequate but just very tired and grubby. Graffiti in the wardrobes isn't the best advert but at least I now know that Daz luvs Jules!!! Small stains on the duvet cover looked like dry blood and to top it off a large chunk of chewing gum stuck to the arm of the chair!

Sleep quality was poor in a bed that was extremely lumpy but the breakfast was of average quality.

I will never return here...............it's rubbish!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Nick W, Guest Relations Manager at The Quality Hotel Dudley, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Many thanks for taking the time in posting your review of your stay with us recently, and please accept my apologies that your stay with us did not meet your expectations.

I can understand that on occasions when guests are unable to stay in their first choice of hotel, and are 'booked out' to a local hotel that is close by, it can be inconvenient and annoying to any guest faced with this situation.

It is an unfortunate but a necessary procedure that all hotels adopt, they have to ensure that their guests are found a bedroom in a local hotel of similar standard in quality of service and facilities.

We have actioned the remedial works to remove the graffiti from inside the wardrobe, we have checked the windows there does not seem any 'broken' at the hotel, however, only recently we had to replace the main entrance door window as it did have a crack in and this may have coincided with your stay.

As a standard procedure all our bedrooms receive fresh linen each day for new bookings, I can only apologise that the duvet had stains on it.

Our hotel has a full service restaurant, free high speed WiFi access, free parking, 24hr reception, and the management and staff always strive to offer a standard of service that exceeds our guests expectations.

Occasionally we fail to meet all guests standards, we can only apologise for this and work towards making further necessary improvements.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 8 days the breakfast was perfect and the chef andy was very helpful.Mietek the waiter was was also very pleasant and always smiling when he came to take your order,we had a meal almost every night at the hotel,the sirloin steak was exceptional,we have been back to the hotel several times and always found the staff very pleasant and very welcoming.

Stayed: April 2012
Nick W, Guest Relations Manager at The Quality Hotel Dudley, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Many thanks for the time taken to post your response regarding your recent stay at the hotel and great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. All our staff work very hard & strive to provide a standard of service that exceeds all our guests expectations, when positive comments about the standard of service given are given, the staff concerned get a great lift from this. I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.
Many thanks for your response.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

I've recently returned from a Business trip in Dudley and have had an excellent stay at this hotel. From the initial booking process to check out, I could not fault a thing. My room was clean and fresh looking with a new Plasma Tv on the wall. I ate dinner each evening and throughly enjoyed the menu, its a take on a steak style restaurant and the food and service was excellent. The receptionist's kindly helped me with directions for my travels around the area and they also faxed and printed paperwork for me each evening.If you are looking to stay in the area, I would recommed this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Many thanks for the time taken to post your review of your stay with us recently and good to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one. Our staff are always striving to offer a service that exceeds expectations from check in to check out for our guests.
The hotel's restaurant offers a great choice for our diners, a 'daily specials' board is available along with our Ala Carte menu offering great food and at very competitive prices.
We hope that should you be returning to the area we can look forward to welcoming you back here again soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I was at this hotel for a brak with my girl and the staff cud not do a nuf of us. the staff are rally good and flandley. the breakfast this rally good. and the room wow that was nice and claen to. I have told all my mates and flamley about the hotel.

Room Tip: you need to have the right money for the bueses becs there dont do chag
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dennis M

Many thanks for the time taken in posting a review of your stay with us recently. It was great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay in the hotel and the standard of service provided by our staff and standard of food served exceeded your expectations.
I hope that we can welcome you your family and friends back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Had the misfortune to spend three days at this hotel because the Village across the road was full. Reception is a joke they messed up the booking, we had to ask for water for the training room, then we got the smallest bottles of water I've ever seen, and had to wait two days for paper towels to be put in the gents toilet. Everything seemed to be too much trouble for the reception staff, in fact the only saving grace was the restaurant where the staff were at least friendly though the food was very much mediocre, and the coffee dishwater.

At breakfast they had one working domestic two slice toaster that was too small to put a slice of bread in, what is that about? pathetic. They served you tepid food at breakfast and despite ordering the same meal both nights you'd have never guessed as the "quality" was completely inconsistent.

After lunch I checked in once they had sorted their mistake and found my booking, I was told my room was ready and walked to the far side of the hotel with arms full of stuff I needed over the three days only to find the cleaner had only just started cleaning it. So back to reception where I was given another room at the further end of the hotel right on a very busy main road. I could be bothered to change yet again so put up with the traffic noise for two nights.

The training room was poor though the bedrooms were just OK. We will not be using the hotel again, and it should change its name to Poor Quality Hotel

Room Tip: My most helpful tip would be book a room at the Village hotel across the road
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Karl K

Many thanks for taking the time and posting your review of your stay with us recently, may I firstly apologise for the problems that you had during your stay.
All of the staff at the hotel always strive to offer the best service to all of our guests, we always look into the areas highlighted by our guests and make any necessary changes and improvements.
The issues raised from your stay are being dealt with by the management team at the hotel should you wish to contact me for an update please email bdm@qualityhoteldudley.co.uk.
Regards