“Excellent food, excellent service, lovely decor & splendid “facilities””

The Brasserie Lancaster
Reserve a Table
Tue, 7/16
8:00 PM
Ranked #54 of 231 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: British
Description: The Brasserie is the first part of our journey in a historic building, reborn in the heart of Lancaster. Open from 7am till late every day you will always find a warm welcome in our stunning restaurant and bar. Located on the ground floor with views of the castle, this addition to Lancaster’s social scene is a great place to pop in for a coffee, a glass of your favourite, all day brunch and perfect for date night. Our extensive A La Carte menu has a strong influence of local, healthy produce reflected in our vegan and vegetarian options.
Reviewed March 2, 2019

My friend & I dined here on a Saturday lunch time.
We chose the restaurant on the basis that we liked the decor. We were spoiled for choice from the lunch & smoked platter menus. I opted for smoked haddock, my friend chose the burger - what a burger it was!!! Both meals were served with skinny fries, a delicious coleslaw, side salad & corn on the cob.
The food was well presented & more importantly delicious.
The service was excellent.
The lovely decor extended to the bathroom facilities which were spotless.
As Arnie says “I’ll be back”

Date of visit: March 2019
RoyalKingsArmsHotel, Manager at The Brasserie Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us.

We loved the response to the Smokehouse menu and will be offering it again, coming up next we have a week of specials based on the best of Lancashire!

We will see you again soon Janet!

King Regards,

Reviewed February 16, 2019 via mobile

We had the valentines menu on valentines night. Really enjoyed it. Service was outstanding, attentive and friendly whilst not in your face all the time. Menu had some quirks to it, ie potato bacon and lavender soup - it was delicious and great to try something a bit different. Steak was cooked perfectly and presented beautifully. Great to have complimentary glass of cava and cocktail shots. The rose and chocolates at the end of the meal were a nice touch. Would definitely visit again. Great to see this place after its extensive refurb... if we didn’t live so close we’d have been tempted to stay the night in the hotel!

Date of visit: February 2019
RoyalKingsArmsHotel, Manager at The Brasserie Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us.

We are thrilled you enjoyed the Valentines Menu we provided, the Love Martini went down a treat!

Feel free to treat yourself to a night away with us in the hotel, even if it is only around the corner.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

I visited this restaurant during a business trip last week. I was very impressed with the service. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. I asked about whether one of the gluten free meals had onion in it as I have several intolerances. The waitress went to ask the chef in order to give me a definite answer. It turned out the stock had onions but the chef offered to make a fresh stock for me without the onions. I was delighted that I was able to have the dish which was my preference - without actually having to ask for for special treatment. And it was delicious!

I would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends who may be in the area,

Date of visit: February 2019

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us.

We try and cater for all dietary requirements and are happy to make adjustments where needed for you to enjoy your meal with us in The Brasserie.

Looking forward to seeing you and your friends again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 8, 2019 via mobile

We visited for lunch and got there at 2 pm , the Restaraunt was quiet but we were welcomed in , fast efficient and friendly service from the waitress and we ordered from the 2 course for £10 menu. The food was of very good quality and well presented. The restaurant itself is a lovely bright room overlooking the castle side of the city. We really enjoyed it and would recommend the brassiere to everyone else. We will definitely be back. The company have done a great job restoring the Royal kings arms back to a modern contemporary building yet retaining in character. Go visit!

Date of visit: February 2019
RoyalKingsArmsHotel, Manager at The Brasserie Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us.

We are thrilled you enjoyed yourselves being able to watch the world go by, by Lancaster Castle.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Many Thanks,

Reviewed February 5, 2019 via mobile

We booked a table for 5 on a Sunday evening. The restaurant was empty which I find very odd for a Sunday evening in Lancaster. I often visit restaurants at this time and they are usually quite busy. Upon being showed to our table we were then essentially ignored and had to leave the restaurant to find a member of staff on reception to take our order.
The menu was oddly priced with some items being very cheap and others being very pricey. £8 for potted shrimp and then £10 for a mixed grill (which, when it arrived and despite the vast portion was a huge disappointment due to poor quality overcooked meat).
Food did arrive quite promptly but sauces were missing and the poor waitress (who was not the person who had seated us) didn't seem to know what she was doing. This was clearly due to poor training and probably not her fault.
The rest of the food was average at best with a sloppy risotto, overdone steak and bland fish.
We are lucky enough to have 10% off discount cards that had been presented to us in the Crypt downstairs. But when we attempted to use these we were told it could only be used to discount one persons meal. When asked if we could use the discount on the bottles of wine I had ordered for the table we were told this was not possible as we had shared the wine.
I usually welcome new restaurants to Lancaster with open arms but on this occasion I do not think I will be returning.

Date of visit: January 2019

Dear GregJ273,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us, I would like to apologise for your disappointing visit.

We offer an exclusive VIP card which entitles the cardholder to 10% off food and drink, we are always looking to sign up more people to this to allow everyone to receive the benefit of our VIP cards.

In the Brasserie, we would always like to have the chance to rectify any issue with your meal, whilst you are in house, we ask that you share any feedback with your server at the time, as then we have a chance to cook you a fresh dish or offer you an alternative whilst you are with us in so no one leaves unhappy.

If you would be interested in returning under different circumstances and allowing us to show you what we do best, then please contact me directly on dm@royalkingsarmshotel.co.uk.

Many Thanks,