“An brilliant experience”

Sun, 7/21
8:00 PM
Ranked #55 of 231 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: British
Description: The Brasserie is the first part of our journey in a historic building, reborn in the heart of Lancaster. Open from 7am till late every day you will always find a warm welcome in our stunning restaurant and bar. Located on the ground floor with views of the castle, this addition to Lancaster’s social scene is a great place to pop in for a coffee, a glass of your favourite, all day brunch and perfect for date night. Our extensive A La Carte menu has a strong influence of local, healthy produce reflected in our vegan and vegetarian options.
Reviewed November 20, 2018

I had an excellent experience at the brasserie yesterday evening. The staff were lovely and friendly, the food was exquisite and the atmosphere was very calming. We had the fillet steak, lamb rump and marinated tofu for mains and salted caramel, cheeseboard and bread and butter pudding for dessert, I would recommend all of these dishes as they all tasted amazing.

1  Thank LM28200
RoyalKingsArmsHotel, Manager at The Brasserie Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am delighted you had a wonderful time with us in the Brasserie, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2018

We’ve eaten here twice , the first time was better for me although not by much. The starter of pate arrived with just lettuce ,no toast crackers or bread just lettuce which I thought was odd. The roast chicken dinner was alright gravy lovely , two roast potatoes lovely chicken ok veg very under cooked and un peeled. Service was very very slow. The second time my soup was ok,very peppery my husband enjoyed his roast pork.. I had cod with allegedly new potatoes it was awful I left all off it the cod was nasty over cooked but also patches of under cooked the potatoes were just bland mash not new potatoes at all again the veg was cold and under done. The service was better but then there was only three tables occupied. Not returning.

1  Thank louloulancaster

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I would like to apologise that you have not had the best time in the Brasserie, it seems you have had very mixed experiences.

We would always like to have the chance to rectify any issue with your meal, whilst you are in house, we ask that you share any feedback with your server at the time, as then we have a chance to cook you a fresh dish or offer you an alternative whilst you are with us in The Brasserie so no one leaves unhappy.

If you would be interested in returning under different circumstances and allowing us to show you what we do best, then please contact me directly - dm@royalkingsarmshotel.co.uk.

Reviewed November 18, 2018

My wife and I visited on a Sunday evening on impulse, having been out for the afternoon. We knew the place had had a recent refurbishment, so we're intrigued as to what we would find.

It was almost empty when we arrived and we had a choice of tables. The waitress handed us a drinks menu, which was a little off-putting, as a cursory glance sowed lots of champagne (and some hefty prices if you wished). We double-checked it was serving food and the waitress brought menus. The choice was mainly tapas, though there were some steaks. I'm not a big tapas fan, but the options looked interesting. We chose six dishes to share. I had a Peroni Rosso, and my wife sampled a cocktail.

The meal arrived quickly, and the dishes were bigger than some tapas meals I've had elsewhere. We had belly pork, meatballs, chicken wings, salad, fresh breads (some of the best I've had in a long while) and dips. The dishes were tasty, though maybe a little oily for some tastes. We decided to try a dessert, and both ordered the chocolate mousse. The portions were large, again tasty, and thankfully, not over-facing.

We were pleasantly surprised and happy to tip the friendly waitress. May not suit those who like fish or vegetarians, but well worth a try.

Date of visit: November 2018
RoyalKingsArmsHotel, Manager at The Brasserie Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Be sure to pop in to see us again soon.

Reviewed November 14, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were delighted by the warm welcome recieved on entering the establishment, by a lovely gentleman called James. We were not disappointed by the great level of service maintained by him amd the other staff members right throughout the evening. My lemon sole was fresh and well presented and my husband throughly enjoyed his steak (and the wine recommendation James made to go with it). You guys have done a great job with the refurbishment, we will definitely be back.

Good Afternoon,

That is wonderful to hear, we still a few more exciting projects up our sleeve until we are completely refurbished but we are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful place for a coffee or a meal. Reasonably priced and very friendly staff. I am looking forward to trying out the crypt tlk

Date of visit: November 2018
RoyalKingsArmsHotel, Manager at The Brasserie Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Good Evening,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us with us, we are thrilled with your comments.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.