“Excellent meal in Lancaster”

The Sun Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 231 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary, Cafe, Fusion
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2019

My wife and I found this out of the way place on a brief stay in Lancaster.

It was a Friday evening and the restaurant was quiet (their pizza restaurant across the way was very busy). The Italian waiter was very welcoming and talked us through the menu and the specials board.

The food was really good. We shared Deep Fried Risotto starter which was more than enough. We then chose from the specials board. I had wild boar ragout and my wife had seafood spaghetti. Both were delicious.

I drank Italian IPA and my wife drank Italian sauvignon- again we found these very good.

During the meal the chef introduced himself and asked if everything was all right which was a nice touch.

We couldn’t manage a dessert - my wife was pleased that they could do her a decaffeinated latte though!

Good food and attentive staff - definitely recommended!

Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

I visited on a rare trip away for work. I dined solo. The welcome was warm and friendly and really helpful to explain tje menu but not intrusive or overbearing.The food was perfect. What a find! I woukd recommend to anyone who loves good food . I dined early evening. This is my first trip advisor review

Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

It’s been a long time since we have eaten at the Sun Cafe in the evening, we have been for breakfast on many occasions, always excellent as was Saturday nights meal! The starters, main meals, service, atmosphere and overall standards were very good! The style of cuisine has changed since the last time we were there, more Italian than Anglo Mediterranean, this is a good thing! The spaghetti carbonara I had was one of the best I’ve had anywhere, Italy included! We will return very soon!

Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

The Sun Cafe was recommended by a friend and we all really enjoyed our lunch there. The staff were very friendly and helpful and didn’t seem to mind us taking so long over our lunch. All four of us ordered something different and each dish went down well with hardly a crumb left! There was also a good range of teas and coffees, something to meet everyone’s varied tastes.

Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

I come here about once a fortnight for Saturday breakfast and to practice my Italian with the wonderful, friendly and hospitable host. I've witnessed rude people thinking they are in McDonalds however if you are not in a rush and wish to have delicious, good quality, freshly cooked food in a continental atmosphere then then sun cafe is for you. I have also been in the evening where the food is excellent and you feel you are supporting local business which to me is important

Date of visit: April 2019