“One of my favourite vegetarian places”
Review of The Whale Tail

The Whale Tail
Ranked #9 of 231 Restaurants in Lancaster
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Friendly staff, delicious food, build your own vegetarian or vegan breakfast. The atmosphere is lovely and the staff are really helpful and friendly.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed May 24, 2019 via mobile

Were able to accommodate both a low FODMAP diet and low 800 calories diet. They also do vegan and gluten free options.

Reviewed May 10, 2019

Stumbled upon this café whilst looking for brunch in Lancaster. As a gluten free pescetarian, I do feel some eateries see me as a bit awkward or difficult but not this place! They offer lots of choice for veggies, vegans, those who are gluten or lactose intolerant AND don't make a fuss about it either.
The coffee was excellent and the breakfast super tasty. Good value for money and the staff were lovely: helpful, friendly and welcoming. If I'm ever in Lancaster again, I'll certainly be going back to The Whale Tail.

Reviewed May 8, 2019

I really really recommend this place highly! I actually prefer their full breakfast than a traditional full english one as its seriously divine and for me thats sayiong something! All of their food is delicious and the service second to none. Just go and try it and honestly you wont regret it!

1  Thank mike m
Reviewed May 8, 2019

We have been here once before and thought we would give it another chance as weren't completely happy with it the first time. However we wont be bothering to go again. The food is at best bland. It is very reasonable but would rather pay more and have something of better quality and taste. I had the soup which was very tasteless and the bun was the same, just a cheap bun out of a supermarket packet. The place needs a good clean up and updating of everything including the food before I would ever think of going back. Not recommended!

Date of visit: April 2019