“Love it!”

Ranked #56 of 201 Restaurants in Lancaster
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We regularly go to the Gregson for drinks and food and have never been disappointed in the 2yrs it has been our local! Food is always amazing and the portions are huge! Staff are friendly and make an effort to remember you and make you feel welcome. As a gay couple it is lovely to go somewhere and feel welcome all the time.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I should declare an interest: I used to work here many years ago. So when I popped in on a flying visit to Lancaster for a pint and a bite part of me was hoping that the place might have nosedived since I left. It hasn't. They still look after their beers, still keep a fine variety on the bar, still offer a vegan option, and still serve it all with a smile. Furthermore, the food is still good, and drawn from a large and varied menu. Bags of atmosphere, and not quite like anywhere else you have ever been. Might even have improved since my time. Damn!

1  Thank K4815TRrogerm
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My partner is a vegan and we struggle to find bars that cater for her. The Gregson offers not only an excellent selection of vegan food, but also takes the effort to source vegan beers. The atmosphere here is always Bohemian and friendly. As others have said, it's not posh, but it is down to earth and enjoyable. One of our most favourite pubs in Lancaster.

2  Thank OlShot
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Don't come here for fine dining, but do come for a friendly atmosphere with good basic food and a good selection of drinks. It is a bit like a club in atmosphere, with many regular local clients from central Lancaster. The sandwiches and snacks are all freshly-made and with good and tasty ingredients, served in the way you would at home (i.e. chunky slices of bread).

Reviewed May 3, 2014

A good pub, with a great atmosphere and friendly vibe.

When I say pub I mean community centre. Burgers are excellent, chips good. Pints are varied and good value also.

Additionally there is outdoor seating.

A variety of ages normally in attendance but they are all left leaning politically. Marx and Keynes are acceptable idols here, Friedman and Hayek are not.

We'll worth a visit.