“Nice lunch at the Study room”
Review of The Study Room

The Study Room
Order Online
Ranked #52 of 231 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American, Pub
Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

Stopped to visit Lancaster on way home from Lakes and we found the Study room when looking for something for lunch. The menu sounded good, burgers, hot dogs, wraps and sharing platters to name a few. We were served by a very friendly woman who told us that they had a deal on Monday where you could get a free drink (from a limited list) when you ordered a burger or hot dog. I ordered the bbq burger and chunky chips and my husband ordered the Cajun and blue burger with buttermilk fried chicken instead of a beef burger (you could choose beef burger, chicken breast or buttermilk fried chicken) and French fries. The food was very tasty and good value. Would recommend for a quick bite to eat.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

I came in with my partner, children and 2 friends. My children had hotdogs as it was 50% off and they loved them. I had fish and chunky chips and it was delicious. I would highly recommend this bar. Staff were helpful and friendly too.

Reviewed February 19, 2019 via mobile

I have been to the study room with friends on several occasions and never had any complaints. However the place has completely gone downhill. I went with my husband for valentines and the food was completely inedible. The chicken was like a microwave ready meal and the fries seemed like they’d been sat in oil all day. His burger didn’t seem fresh and he could not actually eat it. My cutlery was dirty and the place looked like it needed a good clean. A real shame.

1  Thank SmithyLoves
Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

Having been here a few times the food used to be ok for the money with 50% off but today it was terrible and inedible. My husband ordered the hunters chicken and I had the cajun chicken with fries, onion rings and slaw. The chicken was really dry, the onion rings absolutely swimming in grease and the fries tasted cheap and nasty. Will definitely not be returning.

Reviewed January 27, 2019

Visited the Study Rooms on a Sunday afternoon a few weeks ago. I had been in for drinks on many occasions but never tried the food. On a recommendation from Trip Advisor I sampled the burgers. In short, they're fantastic.

The BBQ burger had plenty of flavour and was cooked to perfection. Some places give you a bland, dry burger and a few fries in a small bucket tin. This was much better. The serving size is large and you get plenty of fries as well. A home-cooked vibe with a decent bun. It was on par with a burger I had in The Borough on Dalton Square. This was especially good so they've done very well.

Try the hot sauce to add some spice to proceedings.

Date of visit: January 2019