“Great value food”

Order Online
Ranked #52 of 231 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American, Pub
Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

I came in with my partner, children and 2 friends. My children had hotdogs as it was 50% off and they loved them. I had fish and chunky chips and it was delicious. I would highly recommend this bar. Staff were helpful and friendly too.

Reviewed February 19, 2019 via mobile

I have been to the study room with friends on several occasions and never had any complaints. However the place has completely gone downhill. I went with my husband for valentines and the food was completely inedible. The chicken was like a microwave ready meal and the fries seemed like they’d been sat in oil all day. His burger didn’t seem fresh and he could not actually eat it. My cutlery was dirty and the place looked like it needed a good clean. A real shame.

1  Thank SmithyLoves
Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

Having been here a few times the food used to be ok for the money with 50% off but today it was terrible and inedible. My husband ordered the hunters chicken and I had the cajun chicken with fries, onion rings and slaw. The chicken was really dry, the onion rings absolutely swimming in grease and the fries tasted cheap and nasty. Will definitely not be returning.

Reviewed January 27, 2019

Visited the Study Rooms on a Sunday afternoon a few weeks ago. I had been in for drinks on many occasions but never tried the food. On a recommendation from Trip Advisor I sampled the burgers. In short, they're fantastic.

The BBQ burger had plenty of flavour and was cooked to perfection. Some places give you a bland, dry burger and a few fries in a small bucket tin. This was much better. The serving size is large and you get plenty of fries as well. A home-cooked vibe with a decent bun. It was on par with a burger I had in The Borough on Dalton Square. This was especially good so they've done very well.

Try the hot sauce to add some spice to proceedings.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 22, 2019 via mobile

Had a late lunch of fish finger sandwich and fries and hot dog and fries. Food was fresh and very tasty. Comfortable seats, spacious with plenty of room. Staff very friendly and helpful. Prices reasonable. Menu has good selection.

Date of visit: January 2019